Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 23 Dec 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by uk_mickey View Post
No go here
2 holidays cancelled this year and 222 points left from 2019 which need to be used by end of May (June use year) we have a booking for August 2021 but still wont give me any more time on these points
Well done you and I wish I could have got the same cast member on the phone, maybe I will try again as I need all the points I have from 2020/2021 for our 50th anniversary trip
Think you may need to wait a little closer - I called October and my use year is March - they asked me to call back nearer as the travel thing is so changeable - 2 months on and they sorted it - so it maybe you need to try again in February time if that makes sense.
Old 30 Dec 20, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
uk_mickey
Excited about Disney

Thanks... I will try again in a couple of months
uk_mickey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

We got a similar extension - but probably thanks to my husband, he played the long game with Disney.

We bought into DVC in April 2019 - as I was pregnant at the time, we banked the 2018 points they gave us as part of the introductory offer so we could take my parents in March 2020.

That holiday went sideways. But hubby insisted we booked for June (even though we knew we wouldn’t get there), then cancelled it, then again for Sep 20.

They extended these distressed points (for most people who’d had impacted stays) to the end of 2020, but we called in December to say there was no way we’d be able to use them but they could see we had a scheduled trip for June 2021.

So they extended the 2018 points to 31st Jul 2021 and allowed us to upgrade the 1 bed villa we had booked for June to a 2 bed villa.

Key for us appeared to be the fact we’ve not yet had any use from our DVC membership, that we’ve demonstrated doing our best to use our points and also that we had a suggestion for how we wanted to use those points (a room upgrade) if they allowed us to extend them.

The cast member needed to speak to her supervisor and it took a bit of to and fro... but in the end they came back with it approved.
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Robyn89 View Post
We got a similar extension - but probably thanks to my husband, he played the long game with Disney.

We bought into DVC in April 2019 - as I was pregnant at the time, we banked the 2018 points they gave us as part of the introductory offer so we could take my parents in March 2020.

That holiday went sideways. But hubby insisted we booked for June (even though we knew we wouldn’t get there), then cancelled it, then again for Sep 20.

They extended these distressed points (for most people who’d had impacted stays) to the end of 2020, but we called in December to say there was no way we’d be able to use them but they could see we had a scheduled trip for June 2021.

So they extended the 2018 points to 31st Jul 2021 and allowed us to upgrade the 1 bed villa we had booked for June to a 2 bed villa.

Key for us appeared to be the fact we’ve not yet had any use from our DVC membership, that we’ve demonstrated doing our best to use our points and also that we had a suggestion for how we wanted to use those points (a room upgrade) if they allowed us to extend them.

The cast member needed to speak to her supervisor and it took a bit of to and fro... but in the end they came back with it approved.
They did seem happier that I had flights booked for July so knew I wanted to use them as soon as possible
Old 2 Jan 21, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
shawny122
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Well done on getting them extended! I tried with no luck. We have a February use year and our banked 2019 points had been used to book a holiday in May 2020 which they obviously cancelled as the resorts were closed. I tried again for August and November but obviously they both had to be cancelled. Called up a few times to try and extend our points to use in either our May or August 21 reservations and they wouldn’t budge at all! I’ve rented them out now so it’s not all bad but would be nice if they’d be consistent!
shawny122 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

HELP Please

I'm going to be in a similar position if I cannot travel july 21 this year. We have 135 -2019 banked points (which we'll lose if we cannot use them, rent them or bank them into RCI)as use year is September.

I'm also in a fix over my 2020-September Use Year points.

If I DON'T bank them in April 21, I will stand to lose another 135 points (as above like 2019 year IF my july 21 holiday cannot proceed.)

If I DO bank them and later find I am allowed to travel july 2021, I cannot 'undo them' and then wont have enough points to complete my stay.

I didn't really want to wait until 2022 before going to Disney but just wonder what you'd do in my position?

I'm gutted by this whole saga!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lam View Post
HELP Please

I'm going to be in a similar position if I cannot travel july 21 this year. We have 135 -2019 banked points (which we'll lose if we cannot use them, rent them or bank them into RCI)as use year is September.

I'm also in a fix over my 2020-September Use Year points.

If I DON'T bank them in April 21, I will stand to lose another 135 points (as above like 2019 year IF my july 21 holiday cannot proceed.)

If I DO bank them and later find I am allowed to travel july 2021, I cannot 'undo them' and then wont have enough points to complete my stay.

I didn't really want to wait until 2022 before going to Disney but just wonder what you'd do in my position?

I'm gutted by this whole saga!
July is still 6 months away, if it was me, I'd wait and if I can't go I'd rent the reservation.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Thanks for that.
I haven't rented points before. I'd normally have done it on thedibb but as no one from uk/ireland can travel, where can I advertise?

Need a secure trustworthy website!
I have confirmed bookings in a value for end of july and august, so could sell as that OR sell the points only.
Who did you use?

Regards

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lam View Post
Thanks for that.
I haven't rented points before. I'd normally have done it on thedibb but as no one from uk/ireland can travel, where can I advertise?

Need a secure trustworthy website!
I have confirmed bookings in a value for end of july and august, so could sell as that OR sell the points only.
Who did you use?

Regards
Lesley, DVC Resale have just opened a rental section, Peter Werner has now linked with them re DVC and all things rental. DVCrentalstore.com.
I don’t know if they are better than David’s now ( I heard some issues re cancellations?) but it is worth a look.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List