Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 16 Dec 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
jasminedivas
Apprentice Imagineer

jasminedivas's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Vancouver end of May ( fingers crossed!)

Is anyone else booking trips in the hope that u can go?

I’ve recently booked for Vancouver at the end of May with BA, this is a trip that has already been cancelled twice ( once in 2019 and then again this April). So I’m really going with third time lucky!

The flights were such a good price at £380 each and I added on a couple of nights hotel to make it a package so we only have to pay £150 deposit each with the balance due 3 weeks before.

I am so hopeful of getting there, as this is a trip to take my mum to see her friend that she hasn’t seen in over 30 years. My mums friend is in her 70’s and has been fighting cancer recently, so this may be the only chance to see her.

So our plan is to fly to Vancouver spend 2 nights there, then travel to Vancouver Island where the friend lives for 4 nights, then back to Vancouver for a night.

Having only just got our money back from our April trip I really didn’t want to pay out all the money on flights, but I’m happy to gamble the £300 if there’s just a tiny bit of hope.

Comfort Inn LBV 1999, All Star movies 2003/4/6. Villas 2007/8/9/10/12. Wash DC NYE 2012, NY and LV 14. Orlando, NYC & IAD 15, Orlando & beach 16,17. NY & IAD 2019. West coast 2022 planned.
jasminedivas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We are meant to be going to Toronto in July, our friends have all theirs booked up as they were transferring from this year's cancellation, but we haven't booked ours yet. Can't be bothered to go through the rigmarole of cancelling everything again. Plus if it gets cancelled I can't go the following year so wouldn't be able to move it.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 20, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
saffy202
Apprentice Imagineer

We have September booked to Vancouver as supposed to be going on the Disney cruise to Alaska. Have had a few emails from BA changing the flight times and each time I think it is message to say its cancelled!
Old 16 Dec 20, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Oh I do hope you can get there this time - 3rd time lucky! We have rebooked for 23 August, having had to cancel September's trip this year. We're with Air Canada. Fingers crossed.

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 20, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We've just cancelled Vancouver for the beginning of Feb, we did toy with the idea of just changing the dates to Easter but have decided to forget it. I just can't see the Canadians opening the border until USA get their act together.

Also have flights to Seattle in June - eternal optimists!
Old 18 Dec 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney_time View Post
We've just cancelled Vancouver for the beginning of Feb, we did toy with the idea of just changing the dates to Easter but have decided to forget it. I just can't see the Canadians opening the border until USA get their act together.

Also have flights to Seattle in June - eternal optimists!
This is why I have 'Plan B' booked too on free cancellation basis - staying just in Canada instead of USA also

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My sons second wedding was in May 2021 In Toronto and now been moved to September because he thought they probably weren’t getting vaccinated anytime soon! It’s if the Canadian borders open!
Old 18 Dec 20, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

I was thinking of booking Vancouver in July - the flight prices are amazing. But I’m not sure how likely the borders will be open, or if we will have to have had the vaccine to fly? Has anyone heard anything? I’m up for having the vaccine, but I don’t think I’ll get it by the summer as I’m under 50.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

We were booked to fly into Vancouver and back from Calgary in May, with car hire. I got an email last week to say the Calgary flight was cancelled and then another yesterday cancelling the whole trip. We're going to book a Ski trip for January 2022, but nothing before then.
Old 22 Dec 20, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Mobile

I’m planning a trip next year, but I’m not booking anything until I know things are more normal - can’t face any more cancelled trips!

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List