Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 5 Jan 21, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Surprised by some answers on here .
I get that some people have no choice as they have no room for a table , but surprised that people with tables actually regularly use their knees instead .
Yes, as an irregular ‘ lazy’ meal by the tv , but not as a regular routine when there is s much easier option - a table - available
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

We mix and match. We all have lap trays - a good present for anyone! We have a kitchen table and a dining table too so dining room is for special occasions, kitchen for most meals and lap trays if we want to eat and watch something because we want to relax
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

I have never been in a house that doesn't have a table. It doesn't need to be an eight foot dining table with 6 chairs and two carvers, but I find it hard to believe that people 'don't have room' for a table.

You'll be telling me that everyone eats with the television on next
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I think people can make their own choice and none of us should be judgemental of the way others eat their meals.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Prior to first lockdown my kitchen table was never used other than a dumping ground. We had turned our dining room into a second lounge years ago when several chairs broke and we didn’t see the need anymore. We then ate in either room with plates on our laps.
During lockdown I moved the 2nd settee back into the lounge and put my kitchen table in my dining room. So now we eat most meals at the table.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I have a dining table but I honestly prefer to eat dinner on my lap and that includes Christmas dinner. We have a through lounge so I can still chat to anyone at the dining table.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Breakfast, lunch and supper at dining table.
I have a modern contemporary apartment so its one kitchen, dining and sitting room (albeit odd shape and you cant see the kitchen from the dining “room/area”. Even alone I set the table for each meal and make it an event, TV always off and wireless on for company. My therapist told me it was good for MH to have a routine and make a meal an event by setting table etc i have to say I actually enjoy them more being semi formal.

As soon as either permits I will be eating all the time outside at a table - thats my real preference dining al fresco
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

We almost always use the padded trays on our laps for meals, and shock horror, with the tv on too 😳 We like to watch The Chase when we're having our dinner,I actually enjoy my meals more relaxing in front of the tv.
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by archibald View Post
You'll be telling me that everyone eats with the television on next
... and?

usually we have either a cooking show, or a topical news show (like last week tonight, the daily show, full frontal with samantha bee, etc) while we eat dinner unless its a special meal
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
We almost always use the padded trays on our laps for meals, and shock horror, with the tv on too 😳 We like to watch The Chase when we're having our dinner,I actually enjoy my meals more relaxing in front of the tv.
Snap.
This is what we do too 👍🏻
We have a dining table but only use it for guests / special meals .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List