Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 11 Jan 21, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Ooo - I just did a post in accommodation about it as hadn’t seen this.
It really does make it a lot less tempting to book a Disney stay now that so many perks are being removed.
It’s so sad. I wonder if they will reduce their prices a little? Or continue to increase them ☹️
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Dendycat View Post
Wow, this is getting silly now. I guess fast pass might come back at some point (unless I’ve missed something) but these on site perks are diminishing fast. I’m dvc but enjoyed not having to drive so always take the magic express.
I envisage paid for express passes in the future
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Not unexpected as the direct train should be running by then.
Brightline will operate to Disney Springs which I assume that Disney will operate as a transport hub with buses running to accomodations. Not particularly convenient especially after a long flight outbound and it would cut into the last day of a trip to get back to the airport.

We will just have to see how this develops but it isn't good news.

DisneyCupcake is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Add us to the pile of families who will now look off site.

We never even considered it before as lovers of the ‘free’ DDP, we booked for this august without dining but with so much being stripped away it will likely be the last time sadly.

Never enjoyed hiring a car but as the kids get older I think a hire car and off site is more and more likely
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
kitjos
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
YT have magic bands gone? Ive missed that if so!
I believe they are now charging (or an upcoming date) for the basic coloured magic bands which would of normally been included in the cost of the tickets. Think they are $5 each band. Another Dibber posted a picture a few days ago xx
kitjos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I envisage paid for express passes in the future
I'm surprised this hasn't been introduced already, Shanghai has a paid system.

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Additionally, complimentary transportation options – such as buses, monorails and Disney Skyliner – will continue to be available within Walt Disney World Resort for Disney Resort hotel guests, including to and from all four theme parks.

I presume this is worded in a strange fashion and that the transport is still going to be included for off-site guests
Old 11 Jan 21, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
They have a lot of money to make back, and potentially millions of Americans willing to pay whatever it takes. They model everything like this and must be forseeing very strong demand. Magical Express was to keep people in the bubble so they don’t even need that. Magic bands gone too, I bet hotel rates go sky high too.
Agree.
Times they are a changing !
I'm not sure they worry too much about the UK and overseas visitors. I doubt its never going to be "quiet" and they are going to be heaving with US visitors.
Prices at Disney will only be going up and benefits disappearing.

Grandkids aren't going to have as much fun as the lads did 25 years ago!
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
Additionally, complimentary transportation options – such as buses, monorails and Disney Skyliner – will continue to be available within Walt Disney World Resort for Disney Resort hotel guests, including to and from all four theme parks.

I presume this is worded in a strange fashion and that the transport is still going to be included for off-site guests
I believe this has always been worded in this way... however, there should be a good case for this to be hotel guests only. Would be good!

Although I don’t think Disney will restrict the movement of any guest across the ‘World’.
Old 11 Jan 21, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I can see why Disney are making this decision as there are now far more options to get from the Airport to Disney than ever before. Uber will step up and take this extra business from MCO.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List