Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Jan 21, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Cancer update

Third round completed today.. Dr Mcdreamy has had genetic markers back from the biopsy in an effort to find where the primary source is hiding. Unfortunately it’s still hiding. A genetic mutation marker came back which may help target the cancer but can be found in many cancers... however, he says I will need another 6 treatments, 8 in all. Next one on the 2nd February then a CT scan too see if lymph nodes have reduced in size, if so carry on with the existing cocktail.. if not Then he will be targeting the genetic mutation... science is soo clever.

Anyway, got to stay positive, just need Covid to ≈≈≈≈ off so my daughters can visit

Just to say thanks to all you who have sent me good wishes and PMs

Ps. Feel. Free to. PM if. Your a genetics expert
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Thinking of you Tinkerbell. Sending lots of pixie dust your way.💗
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Great to hear from you, and still in such positive spirits, really admire you! My Dh is struggling this week, after his second round, he has slept 90% of the week

I hope that you continue to make good progress and you are brave to share with us x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Great to hear from you, and still in such positive spirits, really admire you! My Dh is struggling this week, after his second round, he has slept 90% of the week

I hope that you continue to make good progress and you are brave to share with us x
I am awake today because of the massive dose of steroids from tomorrow Through to Sunday I too will be zonked

Because my cancer is rare.. it helps me write it down and hope it helps others. Believe me, I have moments of complete meltdown and can be found sobbing in the corner

Love to you and your husband... carers also have a tough time
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Thinking of you lovely, you can do this! 😘
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Mobile

Thinking of you and take care xx
Old 12 Jan 21, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Third round completed today.. Dr Mcdreamy has had genetic markers back from the biopsy in an effort to find where the primary source is hiding. Unfortunately it’s still hiding. A genetic mutation marker came back which may help target the cancer but can be found in many cancers... however, he says I will need another 6 treatments, 8 in all. Next one on the 2nd February then a CT scan too see if lymph nodes have reduced in size, if so carry on with the existing cocktail.. if not Then he will be targeting the genetic mutation... science is soo clever.

Anyway, got to stay positive, just need Covid to ≈≈≈≈ off so my daughters can visit

Just to say thanks to all you who have sent me good wishes and PMs

Ps. Feel. Free to. PM if. Your a genetics expert
Best of luck and hoping they find the source. My sister in America does deal with genetics and finding cures so I can always ask her any questions you may have - if she doesn’t know she may know someone that does. I often ask her for information for my friend who has secondary breast cancer . I do wish they could find a cure for all cancer.
Old 12 Jan 21, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Thanks for the taking the time to update. i do always check back every time I see you post a thread.

You are doing amazingly well and hopefully things will improve with Covid soon so your loved ones can visit.

Stay strong xx
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Take care Tink, hope you get to see your girls soon xx

Thinking of you too Louise xx
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Thinking of you, your strength and resolve will defeat this. You have to travel through the tunnel to get to the light at the end.

Your Dibb family are always here for you.

Disney332