Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 20 Jan 21, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
AP1991
Earning More Ears

WDW Marathon Weekend - January 2022

Hi All,

Husband and I looking to return to WDW in Jan 2022 to take part in the Dopey Challenge at Marathon Weekend.

We were lucky enough to go in Jan 2020 to complete it but obviously it was virtual this year!

Anyone else looking at taking part in 2022 and if so have you heard anything about it?!

Thanks in Advance and look forward to hearing from you!
AP1991 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Son is looking to do this too (it should have been this year, but didn’t want to do the virtual one). Will follow this with interest.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
AP1991
Earning More Ears

I feel like I am poised on the RunDisney website all day every day waiting for updates!

Has he done Marathon Weekend before? Honestly it was incredible, running down Main Street USA in the dark, crowds cheering you on and the castle all lit up!

My only concern is that they will reduce race capacity so it will be even harder to get spaces
AP1991 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Never done the Disney one before. He’s even got his brother to take up running so he can aim for the 10k (or more! ). I think he’s a bit concerned about signing up, and then not being able to get there, as it’s a lot of money. Now this years has gone there may be information soon.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
AP1991
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by FloridaNuts93 View Post
Never done the Disney one before. He’s even got his brother to take up running so he can aim for the 10k (or more! ). I think he’s a bit concerned about signing up, and then not being able to get there, as it’s a lot of money. Now this years has gone there may be information soon.
I hope so! I know that this year they offered full refunds to everyone who didn't want to complete it virtually so I image they would do the same this year too.
Old 20 Jan 21, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Hopefully! He would love to do it.

Old 20 Jan 21, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

I’m another waiting for Dopey 2022 announcements! We were registered for Goofy for 2021 but you can guess how that turned out 😂
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Under normal circumstances they tend to release marathon weekend bibs in April (I think one year it was a bit later but that was an exception)?

RunDisney have had a rubbish time of it having to cancel lots of races for lots of runners so my guess is they won’t make a decision on it until there is a clearer picture. Plus I think they’ve trimmed the staff levels back to bare bones.

I hope it goes ahead - it’s my absolute favourite WDW race weekend
Old 20 Jan 21, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by AP1991 View Post
I hope so! I know that this year they offered full refunds to everyone who didn't want to complete it virtually so I image they would do the same this year too.
I think if they change from actual to virtual they will do, but if the races go ahead and the U.K. at that time can’t go into the U.S I wouldn’t be certain they would. It’s a lot of money isn’t it - our last one was about $2500 I think. That was three Dopeys plus my non running DD did the 5 and 10k. I would have hated to lose that money!
Old 20 Jan 21, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

This is pretty much our issue. If tha race goes ahead, but we can’t travel it is a lot of money to lose! I will keep watch on theRunDisney page.