Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jan 21, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Flight only booking

Hi

Im wanting to book some flights for December 2021 with BA. Do I need to get covid insurance to cover us in case we cant fly for any covid related reason or can we kust amend the dates if needs be? Im really out of the loop with what's covered.

We do already have annual holiday insurance but nothing covid specific.

Edited at 05:27 PM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Hi

Im wanting to book some flights for December 2022 with BA. Do I need to get covid insurance to cover us in case we cant fly for any covid related reason or can we kust amend the dates if needs be? Im really out of the loop with what's covered.

Could you add one hotel night, maybe the night before at the airport or a cheap holiday night or a car That would make it a flydrive and you would only need to pay a deposit.

There is an issue with some insurance companies of you book flights while the Foriegn office has a no travel order like now you will not be covered. You may find it hard to find an insurer who will cover you for flights at the moment.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hi

Im wanting to book some flights for December 2022 with BA. Do I need to get covid insurance to cover us in case we cant fly for any covid related reason or can we kust amend the dates if needs be? Im really out of the loop with what's covered.

You won't be able to book flights with BA until 330 days out so around Dec this year at the earliest. Personally I'm hoping that Covid may be under control by then.

Currently if you have flights booked with BA and THEY cancel you're entitled to a full refund.

Travel insurance varies widely. Our Staysure covers cancellation if diagnosed with Covid within 14 days of travel and medical cover if you get sick over there unless you travel against FCO advice.

You don't really need to think about insurance until you commit serious money - maybe a year away. I guess the insurance underwriters will have taken a more optimistic view on risk by then.

Mick
Old 21 Jan 21, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by mick View Post
You won't be able to book flights with BA until 330 days out so around Dec this year at the earliest. Personally I'm hoping that Covid may be under control by then.

Currently if you have flights booked with BA and THEY cancel you're entitled to a full refund.

Travel insurance varies widely. Our Staysure covers cancellation if diagnosed with Covid within 14 days of travel and medical cover if you get sick over there unless you travel against FCO advice.

You don't really need to think about insurance until you commit serious money - maybe a year away. I guess the insurance underwriters will have taken a more optimistic view on risk by then.

Mick
Apologies, I meant 2021.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Apologies, I meant 2021.
That's OK - I think most of us want to rush to the normal times coming back.

You could do what munmun suggests and book a BA "holiday" with a car or a hotel and risk losing the deposit which may be worth the risk if quotes for Covid "friendly" insurance is extortionate.

Basically what I said about BA cancelling is still correct. It's the cancellation due to Covid over the next 12 months that seems to be the problem currently though and only testing the market regularly will help as I'm sure that things will get more manageable.

We're both over 70 and both post-cancer and our annual premium is over £850 but we have to find it if we want to go.

Currently balancing April flight. If borders are open and BA fly we are in a pickle. If FCO don't remove the advisory our insurance is invalid and we just wouldn't go.

Sorry not much help am I ?
Old 21 Jan 21, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

BA bookings are 355 days out, so a while away
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Sorry I know read its this year you are going. Xmas flights are out, mine are booked! It's a risk to book but life is full of risks. I have four holidays booked and I will cancel as they come up if needed.
Old 21 Jan 21, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by munmun View Post
BA bookings are 355 days out, so a while away
Yes I meant to say 355 not 330 (VS are 330) but OP has corrected to 2021.

Mick
Old 21 Jan 21, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Sorry I know read its this year you are going. Xmas flights are out, mine are booked! It's a risk to book but life is full of risks. I have four holidays booked and I will cancel as they come up if needed.
We've booked Nov with BA as well. Wasn't going to as not too confident about April flight. Was going to wait to see if that cancelled and get money back or if we cancelled get a voucher to use for Nov.

In the end we booked Nov flights and we'll worry about April if and when.

Mick
Old 21 Jan 21, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneybear
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

BA currently has a flexible booking policy in place which allows you to amend the booking for free, but it only extends to bookings which return no later then 31 August 2021.
Disneybear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List