Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Jan 21, 01:10 AM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
I hope not but as we were bored last weekend we did a dummy run hiring a private jet for family both ways to be honest made us really think wha they we’d do if the whole+family were+going came out not much more than business class returns for the number we’d put in
Haha! That's brilliant!
Go for it

I'd need to win the lottery big time for my solo trips
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 01:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

You can hitch a lift with us but we’ve 3 pre schoolers who love airplane iPad time
A 10 year old who games the whole flight
DH just need space long long. Legs and DIL 2 needs a window seat other than that we don’t care
But it’s from Glasgow or Edinburgh and you get to recline if you want to
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
braby
Serious Dibber

It's not just the airlines that will go bust if Long Haul travel does not start by mid 2021, the airports and handling compaines do not have long left either.
No one in their right mind is going to buy any of these compaines or facilites until things start to improve, it's a very real possibility that the UK will be left with no major airlines.
The knock on effect of this is going to be horrendous, saw a report this morning that shipping containers are now costing £10000 from China to the UK, it was £1500 last november. The drop in air travel from the far east is now knocking onto freight, most of the NHS PPE is flown in on comerical airlines, who's going to carry this if airlines or airport's go under? Certainly not the RAF as they do not have enough airplanes?
braby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

I hope not but as we were bored last weekend we did a dummy run hiring a private jet for family both ways to be honest made us really think wha they we’d do if the whole+family were+going came out not much more than business class returns for the number we’d put in
Could you share how much it cost?
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
A friend was a Virgin 747 pilot, who often flew the MCO route, when all this started and was one of those released. (He's currently flying for a dedicated freight carrier in 747s between Europe and the Far East)

At the time of the supposed bailout he told me it was nowhere near enough and Virgin's position was highly perilous. With the recommencement of leisure travel repeatedly slipping further and further back, it's clearly going to be difficult for them.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Fingers crossed that Biden will allow UK visitors in soon and that the UK will allow us to travel abroad again.

I have no problem getting tested prior to departure as I would put myself in quarantine before though I know this is not possible for everyone
Old 23 Jan 21, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
pchivvy
VIP Dibber

pchivvy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Guidebook Reviews: 1
In the event the major airlines do fold, would the credit card companies payout?

2017- Eeyores Escape
2013 and 2014- Hampton Lakes
2012-8 nights AKL, 7 BWV
2011- Disneys Port Orleans Riverside
2004-2010- Various Villas, RPR
2002- All Star Movies, Clearwater
2001- Holiday Inn
2000- All Star Movies
pchivvy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
A friend was a Virgin 747 pilot, who often flew the MCO route, when all this started and was one of those released. (He's currently flying for a dedicated freight carrier in 747s between Europe and the Far East)

At the time of the supposed bailout he told me it was nowhere near enough and Virgin's position was highly perilous. With the recommencement of leisure travel repeatedly slipping further and further back, it's clearly going to be difficult for them.
To build on that, VA were fairly perilous (looking at the balance sheet) even before COVID struck! Their FD must be a magician to have kept them going for so long. I hope they make it through though.
Old 23 Jan 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Whilst the USA for passengers is difficult, remember that these airlines fly world wide, Florida to mist if them, is a very small part if their flight plans.
Add to that, the amount of air freight is rising as other forms if transport are difficult.
We also have to be realistic and there are really too nany airlines currently fighting for the same business. Whilst this gives you the cheaper seats, that’s not going to be the future, less airlines, higher costs.
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
You can hitch a lift with us but we’ve 3 pre schoolers who love airplane iPad time
A 10 year old who games the whole flight
DH just need space long long. Legs and DIL 2 needs a window seat other than that we don’t care
But it’s from Glasgow or Edinburgh and you get to recline if you want to
I'd be happy if you stuck me in the luggage compartment
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List