Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
The Glowtini Girl's do DLP - The Pre-Trippie

Wow, doesn’t time fly when you’re having fun, has it really been almost 2 years since I wrote a trip report!?!

It’s time to dust off the Mickey notebook, dig out the Minnie pen from ‘that’ drawer in the kitchen(you know the one, full of cables, keys to unknown locks and pens…sooo many pens!), and get back into the habit of writing my Disneyland Paris going’s on!

So starting at the beginning, here is the pre-trippie!

This trip is a repeat of a very special trip taken at the same time last year. For the first time in forever my best friend and I visited DLP just the two of us, no kids and no partners and it was bliss!

Even before we had returned home we were plotting…I mean planning, to do it all again this year. As I write this, we are 19 sleeps away from our trip and with Christmas and New Year now out of the way, planning and excitement has reached fever pitch!

Here are the cast members, the below photo is one that some of you will have seen before in a previous trip report, but for those that haven’t, this is myself and Anna on our last day of High School back in 1996….more than 20 years ago!

We’ve been the best of friends for over 25 years and share a love of all things Disney

Here we are on our trip last January, having an absolute blast.

Having been best friends for so long we plan in the same way (to the minute and laminated!) and know each other’s loves and hates inside out (Anna loves Tower of Terror….I hate Tower of Terror) this makes planning a trip/being on a trip like this together an absolute dream.

To the plan!

On Wednesday 25th January Anna is going to meet me at work at 4pm, from where we will set off to the Ashford North Premier Inn for the night. We have dinner booked at the Beefeater that evening, and I have no doubt that a bottle of wine will be consumed.

We have a very early start the next morning, which is fine as neither of us sleep well the night before a trip, we’re just too excited!

We’ll be leaving the Premier Inn around 5.15am, to drive to Ashford International where we’ll be travelling on the 06.24 Eurostar into Paris Gard du Nord.

Here is a picture of us last January at Ashford International... it was around 5.20am, we couldn't have been more awake or excited!

We did this trip last January, as direct trains don’t run at this time of year, and having now done it we are more than confident that we can do it again.

We will arrive at DLP around 11am and after dropping bags at the Disney Express we will head over to Earl of Sandwich for lunch…mmmmm yummy!

After some time in the Disneyland Park we’ll be checking in to our Lakeside, Golden Forest room at Sequoia Lodge for 3 nights.

What follows over the next few days will be pure unadulterated fun. Because many rides are closed in preparation for the 25th Anniversary we plan to really got for it on the character meets, not something we would normally concentrate on, plus we will be doing lots of firsts (despite the fact that this is my 7th trip and I think Anna is on trip no.10…?)

We’ll be seeing the Frozen show for the first time, watching Season of the Force, attempting to locate Cinderella’s Carriage, eating at newly opened Vapiano’s, drinking at King Ludwigs and I will be heading up Le Cabane de Robinson, even though I’m afraid of heights!

Obviously being the Glowtini Girls there will be many cocktails consumed during our time there, this has now become tradition after our trip last January

It will look something like this...

Anna and I are meeting for dinner next weekend to go through our last minute planning, particularly as it’s still not clear if Dreams is running at the same time as Season of the Force, then the plan will be laminated and we will be counting down the last few days….eeeeeeekkkk!

I’ll be writing up the trip report after we return and really hope you enjoy sharing our trip with us!

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports

Edited at 02:39 PM.
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 17, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post

We will, of course, be expecting a FULL report on the DIBBcast ladies! (It's in your contract.) Hope you both have a tremendous time.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 17, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
We will, of course, be expecting a FULL report on the DIBBcast ladies! (It's in your contract.) Hope you both have a tremendous time.
Of course! Although be careful what you wish for, you might not be able to shut us up

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 17, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Looking forward to reading your trippie as a first timer to DLP later this year :-) x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 17, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
jono74656
Excited about Disney

jono74656's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Beaker7929 View Post
Of course! Although be careful what you wish for, you might not be able to shut us up
Hope you both have a blast! (And a number of cocktails for me )

Can't wait to read all about it when you get back

My First Solo Trip Report
jono74656 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Can't wait to read all about it
Old 10 Jan 17, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
More than happy to take your place on Tower of Terror Rachel

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 17, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
More than happy to take your place on Tower of Terror Rachel
Totally taking you up on that offer!

Old 12 Jan 17, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

What a fab girls weekend this is going to be! Also we are there at the same time as you! This will be my first trip to DLP, I am relieved to see that the cold weather in January hasn't stopped you from returning at this time of year (I bought thermals yesterday in preparation!)

Have a great time! (If I see you over there I will give you a wave!)
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 17, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
What a fab girls weekend this is going to be! Also we are there at the same time as you! This will be my first trip to DLP, I am relieved to see that the cold weather in January hasn't stopped you from returning at this time of year (I bought thermals yesterday in preparation!)

Have a great time! (If I see you over there I will give you a wave!)
Yes! If you see us, come over and say hi! I'll be in a bright pink ski jacket, and Anna in a bright green ski jacket, you can't miss us