Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Accommodation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info
Unread 9 Nov 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

I like the look of this for next August. Who would you recommend to book with? I've just sorted flights this morning.
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Universal here we come!
Unread 9 Nov 19, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

I went for a mooch in summer, having booked it and then swapped for Aventura.
The hotel itself is really nice, its a bit utilitarian in the way it is built but its done well.
I cannot comment on the noise issues etc as I did not stay there.
I did not like the area it was in. Pawn shops etc around, just looks a bit run down.
Having visited, would I stay? Difficult one. If you need space, and the two bed (which we had booked), and are on a budget, yes possibly.
But having stayed in Aventura, I would go back there in a heartbeat, but I had to book two connecting rooms to get the same sort of space. So I think it was about 60 a night more overall.
But I definitely found it worth it. Not only could you walk into Volcano Bay in 5 mins, but theres a lovely walkway to the parks, or the boat.
Its also in a very smart area.
If I just needed a single standard room, no way for the price difference would I pick ES over Aventura, but again I am not on a tight budget but the price difference of a single standard room over ES when you compare the hotel and location makes it an easy choice for me.
For the money unless I wanted the unlimited fastpass thing, Id certainly book Aventura over Hard Rock which I also liked very much.

Edited at 12:08 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Beach Club Villas and Bay Lake Tower
Unread 9 Nov 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I went for a mooch in summer, having booked it and then swapped for Aventura.
The hotel itself is really nice, its a bit utilitarian in the way it is built but its done well.
I cannot comment on the noise issues etc as I did not stay there.
I did not like the area it was in. Pawn shops etc around, just looks a bit run down.
Having visited, would I stay? Difficult one. If you need space, and the two bed (which we had booked), and are on a budget, yes possibly.
But having stayed in Aventura, I would go back there in a heartbeat, but I had to book two connecting rooms to get the same sort of space. So I think it was about 60 a night more overall.
But I definitely found it worth it. Not only could you walk into Volcano Bay in 5 mins, but theres a lovely walkway to the parks, or the boat.
Its also in a very smart area.
If I just needed a single standard room, no way for the price difference would I pick ES over Aventura, but again I am not on a tight budget but the price difference of a single standard room over ES when you compare the hotel and location makes it an easy choice for me.
For the money unless I wanted the unlimited fastpass thing, Id certainly book Aventura over Hard Rock which I also liked very much.
This is interesting, thanks. I've been reading the reviews on Tripadvisor and they send quite negative for Aventura. Good to get another perspective.
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Universal here we come!
Unread 9 Nov 19, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Peacemaker
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I remember reading your comments before we stayed, and to be honest, it had me expecting the area to look like the worse parts of Blackpool and it was nowhere near as bad as I expected. There were a few tacky shops but the area was clean & felt safe. I am glad we stayed there. Guess it shows how opinions and reviews can be very subjective.
Peacemaker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Orlando
Eat and Play Card