Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Jan 17, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Adults only trip?

All of our holidays have been with our kids but this year in September it's just the two of us and I'm wondering if there are adult only things to do in Disney? I've obviously never had to find things for just the two of us to do so I really don't know where to start to be honest... I'm a little nervous as it's just not going to be the same as a family holiday so I would like to try everything I can to make it as special as can be (I'm hoping that it won't be our last time).
Oh we are staying at Coronado springs and won't be driving over there.

Thanks x

Edited at 11:07 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 17, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I'm not sure what you mean by "adult only"? My sister and I have been going for many years and have no kids. We do all the Disney and Universal parks and enjoy the rides and attractions. That's why we go. Other than drinking alcohol I can't think of anything that's "adult only".

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 17, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by "adult only"? My sister and I have been going for many years and have no kids. We do all the Disney and Universal parks and enjoy the rides and attractions. That's why we go. Other than drinking alcohol I can't think of anything that's "adult only".

Well obviously I know all about the parks with kids but is there anything else aimed more at adults?
Old 1 Jan 17, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

It was many years ago but DW and I went to Orlando on our own for a week and we actually did some of the parks in a different way. What I mean is we were able to do what we wanted when we wanted which sounds very selfish but is nice once in a while.
Old 1 Jan 17, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
It was many years ago but DW and I went to Orlando on our own for a week and we actually did some of the parks in a different way. What I mean is we were able to do what we wanted when we wanted which sounds very selfish but is nice once in a while.
No I totally get that👍🏻
Old 1 Jan 17, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Coronado springs have a cocktail bar!
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 17, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by klr15 View Post
Coronado springs have a cocktail bar!

Which I will now make a priority to visit haha thank you.
Old 1 Jan 17, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
murdi
Very Serious Dibber

We've been going for years by ourselves. Just relax and enjoy what you would have done with your kids but at a much more relaxed pace.
murdi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 17, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
dmurrayuk
Getting Excited

Can't speak from experience, but I've heard good things about Jellyrolls on Disney's Boardwalk, and fully intend to check it out on our adults only holiday next year. It's an over 21s piano bar, and it sounds like great fun! Dueling pianos, sing-alongs, and a few drinks, what more could you ask for?
dmurrayuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 17, 02:15 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

We have gone just the two of us a few visits now, and you see the parks in a different light. In Epcot we found lots of little nooks that we missed when the kids were with us. You know, the ones where the kids went "We aren't doing that, it's boring!".
Also taking the park at a more relaxed pace.
No more frantic planning, just use the recommended park from the busy day guide, and book the fast passes the night before, apart from the 2 or 3 rides that you need to book well ahead. ( Frozen etc.)
In MK we noticed lots more details on the buildings etc, before it was just a case of getting from one ride to another.

Don't get me wrong the trips with the kids were awesome...the trips without them are just a different experienceIYKWIM
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List