Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Feb 20, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

It's the scam phone call season again

So far today, I have had Amazom Prime renewal team - don't have prime. 10 minutes later, I had mastercard ringing - don't have that either. Phone is now ringing again.

It seems to happen every 2 months then I get them for a week, then they stop again.
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Yes had the amazon prime one 5 times in two days
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’ve got amazon prime and they’ve never called me!
Old 6 Feb 20, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Johnnyp
Imagineer

Johnnyp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
If you have a iPhone on iOS 13, in settings, if you scroll down to phone, you have the option to silence unknown numbers.

So anyone not in your contact list goes straight to voicemail
Johnnyp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I've had Amazon Prime one too. Apparently I owe them £99.99p. It was a recording so they didn't get to hear my response!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Johnnyp View Post
If you have a iPhone on iOS 13, in settings, if you scroll down to phone, you have the option to silence unknown numbers.

So anyone not in your contact list goes straight to voicemail
Thanks Johnny, I didn’t know that & have just set it up
Old 6 Feb 20, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

dont tend to get scam calls as i dont have a landline, and the only unsolicited calls to my mobile tend to be robodialled PPI stuff

what are they saying about amazon prime? (mine is due for renewal in 2 months unless i get any more slow deliveries to complain and get another free month)
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

I had a scummy scam call to renew my Amazon Prime last week - from an automated voice call - ermmm... no...

Also another automated voice call telling me there had been a suspicious withdrawal of £600 on my "bank account credit card" ... ermmmm... no...

My MIL got so het up about the £600 one that she also got that she went straight to see the bank about it. 82 year old with mobility issues so worried sick that someone had taken all the money from her account, that she forced herself to go see the bank about a bloomin scammer. Luckily she is in a village that still has an actual bank.

They annoy people like me - used to life in the modern digital era, switched on enough to know instantly that it is a scam. But they endanger people like MIL, how DARE they frighten an old lady half to death.
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
linder
Imagineer

linder's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
I've just had the amazon one and also the one about errors with my internet and it needs to be closed, please press 1 now I don't think so
linder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
I had a scummy scam call to renew my Amazon Prime last week - from an automated voice call - ermmm... no...

Also another automated voice call telling me there had been a suspicious withdrawal of £600 on my "bank account credit card" ... ermmmm... no...

My MIL got so het up about the £600 one that she also got that she went straight to see the bank about it. 82 year old with mobility issues so worried sick that someone had taken all the money from her account, that she forced herself to go see the bank about a bloomin scammer. Luckily she is in a village that still has an actual bank.

They annoy people like me - used to life in the modern digital era, switched on enough to know instantly that it is a scam. But they endanger people like MIL, how DARE they frighten an old lady half to death.
That's horrendous. ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈s!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List