Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Feb 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Busch Gardens late July/August?

We have been to Busch Gardens twice, both times in May, once in 2015 and again last year and to be honest both times were a disaster. Last May was so bad. Every school group in the US seemed to be there. All the big rides were down including Tigris for which I’d bought a separate quick queue for. I ended up complaining and were kindly given free tickets which are valid until 2022.

We are going next year but this time late July/early August. We are debating giving Busch Gardens another go as I love the big rides and my daughters are keen to try bigger rides. What’s it like that time of year without the chance of school groups? Are weekends a no?
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Weekends the locals come out July / August the biggest issue is lightning in the Bay Area they shut the rides if it's within 6 miles
We tend to do Busch on a Monday if Bay News 9 weather for the Bay Area is in our favour
Sorry not much help
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We went early August and it was quiet - no school groups. Quite a few Brits

Two issues; Park was understaffed so rides took ages to get on despite the lack of crowds. Secondly, the park effectively closes if a storm is nearby as Gryff says above
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Thank you
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

No school crowds when we went early August last year but it was busy, we were queuing a minimum an hour for each ride (longer for the popular rides). Love Busch gardens though and we had a great day. We always avoid weekends when we go there.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We went in late July 2018. I found it hard work as there seems to be fewer places with good air con, than in the Disney/Universal parks. Alot of the shops are open sided, so only have a small patch of cold air.

I remember sitting in the station waiting for the train for 15 minutes absolutely sweltering. Plus the afternoon was a write-off as the rides kept closing every hour as there was 'lightening in the area'.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Rawhide
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Use the busy day guide to pick a day.

We did August a couple of years back. It was quiet, and a lovely day. We’ll be doing it in late July or early August next year.
Rawhide is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Early August is much busier than late August.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I would recommend to use the busy day guide and plan a couple of days. On the day you are supposed to go check the weather for that area because if it looks stormy the rides will be shut.
Our friends made that mistake, they only check the Disney area weather and when they got there most of the rides were shut.
I personally hate bush gardens, we go in late July/early August abc I get eaten alive every time! It’s always so hot abs sweaty, no air con (there is but not compared to Disney) but my husband and daughter love the big rides so I sick it up for the day lol
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List