Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Jan 20, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

Love the job description Theme Park tester

As I am looking for a new job role I have just come across Florida Theme Park Tester earn £3000 love the job description in the Bolton News. If I applied for this DH would say he will be coming not an option. It is with Ocean Florida website is anyone is interested.

If sunshine, rollercoasters and a hefty salary all spring to mind we might have found the perfect position for you.

Travel website Ocean Florida is currently looking for a Theme Park Tester.

The once in a lifetime role will see the lucky candidate spend three weeks in Orlando's most popular theme parks.

And on top of that you'll get a £3,000 salary and the option to take a mate or family member with you.

All you have to do in return is review the rides, photo ops and food on sale.

A spokesman added: "As our professional Florida Theme Park Tester, you will spend three magical weeks in Orlando's most popular theme parks during April/May (depending on availability) and will be tasked with providing essential feedback on each park based on the below criteria:

Overall experience
Quality and variety of food & drink
Souvenirs & brand merchandise
Suitability for families/couples
Thrill factor for each ride, show, and display
Parades
Photo ops
"As the successful applicant, you will be social media savvy and capture top-notch photo/video content for each element of your experience, as well as a daily video diary.

"You’ll be encouraged to share your experience on your own Instagram account and potentially take over the Ocean Florida social channels."

What you get in return:

£3,000 salary
Option to bring a partner/friend/family member (18+) if desired
Travel and accommodation costs will be covered for you and +1 for the duration of the three-week testing period
A daily budget to cover specific review activities - such as rating the infamous Hogsmeade Butterbeer
Fast passes/ photo passes provided throughout the duration of the job (rides, food, tickets, etc)
Go Pro camera to capture content
Fitbit to measure steps and heart-rate during different activities
How to apply:

You've got until January 31 to fill out an application form here

Applicants must be aged over 18.

A shortlist of successful applicants will then be progressed onto stage two, where a video application will be required

Stage three will entail phone interviews

The final stage will be one-to-one video interviews, after which, the lucky candidate will be selected
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Sounds fab, I hope a Dibber gets it
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

I've applied already, no chance of getting it but worth a shot
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

My 19 year old daughter applied yesterday and sent me a text - "look... see, I am applying for jobs!"

Edited at 07:35 PM.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Anyone seen the shortlist today? People are furious on Ocean Florida's FB page, the majority of people selected have thousands of followers already on insta/youtube & are big youtubers! I have to say I fully agree, if they just wanted a big youtuber to work with then they shouldn't have advertised it! There wasn't one nice comment on FB
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
Originally Posted by EmmaBolan View Post
Anyone seen the shortlist today? People are furious on Ocean Florida's FB page, the majority of people selected have thousands of followers already on insta/youtube & are big youtubers! I have to say I fully agree, if they just wanted a big youtuber to work with then they shouldn't have advertised it! There wasn't one nice comment on FB
I agree, it's mainly Disney bloggers/vloggers that I have already heard of and/or follow. Should have just approached these people directly but it's been good publicity for them hasn't it.
Old 11 Feb 20, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I’ve not seen the full list but I saw on Instagram that a Dibber was on the shortlist! She does have 10k followers though. I fully expected that they’d be looking for an established YouTuber or someone with a large following.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
ShellChum
Earning My Ears

Mobile

I was lucky to be one of the few people who were shortlisted (along side a few of my friends) and I think everyone who’s been shortlisted are amazing and perfect for the job and Ocean Florida have given people with all numbers of followers the opportunity not just “big influencers”! I am going to be so happy for whoever gets the job!