Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 19 Jan 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Bah. We’ve had days exactly like that - after a difficult journey the relief of finally arriving sours when the destination disappoints.

I really hope you woke up in the next morning with the sun shining and a lovely boardwalk stroll
Yep that’s it exactly and sadly it was repeated towards the end of the trip

We had a great day the next day. Weather was patchy but we had a good time, I’m hoping to post it later today. Jekyll was a lovely place . Would go back
WileyCoyote is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Boo to the rain and delays and underwhelming hotel. Hope tomorrow is a better day for you xxx
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
Boo to the rain and delays and underwhelming hotel. Hope tomorrow is a better day for you xxx
It was better the next day thank you .

Today really was a meh day There is always one isn’t there
WileyCoyote is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Oh dear, that journey was a bit rubbish with all the delays and driving in the rain. It's a shame the hotel wasn't up to your expectations when you finally arrived there.

I can totally identify with the overplanning/no planning argument, especially with our upcoming road trip in the stage of finalising details. I must say, this day of yours hasn't filled me with hope for a happy and successful road trip

At least the day ended fairly well with some nice food. I hope you enjoy Jekyll Island better tomorrow.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Oh dear, that journey was a bit rubbish with all the delays and driving in the rain. It's a shame the hotel wasn't up to your expectations when you finally arrived there.

I can totally identify with the overplanning/no planning argument, especially with our upcoming road trip in the stage of finalising details. I must say, this day of yours hasn't filled me with hope for a happy and successful road trip

At least the day ended fairly well with some nice food. I hope you enjoy Jekyll Island better tomorrow.
It was a tough one . We always have one rubbish day so at least it was early on. Everything worked against us today. Sometimes you just can’t fight it ! We had lots of other good days tho so take heart
Old 15 Feb 20, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
aw that dark rainy drive did look like quite the challenge

Must've been rotten for poor Andy with his cold too. Onwards and upwards I hope.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
aw that dark rainy drive did look like quite the challenge

Must've been rotten for poor Andy with his cold too. Onwards and upwards I hope.
He really did suffer with that cold. It persisted for two weeks and we did all that travelling and he didn’t complain at all bless him.