Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 Feb 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Simba and nala
Trying for More Ears

Is just appetisers frowned upon?

We went for an awesome meal this weekend - hickory’s smokehouse just outside Stockport , Manchester

We had 3 appetisers to share between myself,mrs and 2 kids 12,10 and all had a mains each we didn’t have room for a desserts

On the ride home as a family we all agreed we would rather have ordered more appetisers and skipped a mains and ordered a dessert

How would this approach sit in Florida ?
We ended up taking home 50% of our mains home we was stuffed

I know I want to make one of our adrs at Sanaa for bread service but thinking on I don’t think a main would be needed leaving room for a sweet fix !

Sorry to edit:
We are not on a DDP and mainly eating evening meal offsite in the many restaurants along 192

Edited at 11:27 AM.
Simba and nala is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Won’t work on the dining plan but paying out of pocket , sure it’s not uncommon.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Yes. It’s totally fine although as above you can’t do this on the ddp. But if you are paying then you can Order what you want.

Applebee’s do a ‘main’ which is basically choose a number of starters.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Simba and nala
Trying for More Ears

Thanks for the reply folks Iv just edited post we are staying offsite will only be doing 3 or 4 adrs all rest will be off site on the 192
Simba and nala is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We often just order apps, both here and in Florida, not frowned upon at all. Some nights I just fancy a bowl of wings and dip, or some loaded fries, rather than a big meal. No one ever questions it. We ate at Sanaa last year (not on DDP) and ordered the bread service, then a main, it was delicious! No sweet stuff as not pudding people but the 2 cocktails were also delicious! Were back in August, again no DDP and Sanaa is one I will hopefully book.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes!
We did this a bahama breeze when it was happy hour on appitizers and still ordered too much
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Quite common in the US to do this very acceptable it's also fine to just have dessert
When my friend lived in the US and I went to visit she often met friends at night for drinks and dessert could have been that none of us earned much money are were always on a budget in those days mind 😉
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

We love doing this. Bahama breeze and NBC Bar and Grill are 2 of our favourite places for this.
Old 18 Feb 20, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yes we often order appetisers for a main meal, they are tastier than the meal.
Old 18 Feb 20, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've often had Bang Bang Shrimp at Bonefish Grill as a main course but maybe have a side with it. It's shown as an appetiser but a fairly large portion - for a 74 year old anyway.

Not quite the same but we both also often have just the zingers at Millers without even a side.

Just to praise the servers at Millers by the way. When we first went and ordered zingers and fries each we found ourselves struggling a bit so we mentioned it to the server. She suggested sharing one entree in future.

Very few restaurants where servers talk the check and subsequent tip down.

Mick