Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Feb 20, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
Not sure if this has been posted already - apologies if it has:

‘Magic Kingdom Vice President Jason Kirk has taken to the official Disney Parks Blog to clarify a few points regarding the upcoming makeover of Cinderella Castle.

One of the main concerns from guests has been that the castle may be covered in construction scrims and scaffolding. In regard to that, Jason said in a blog comment, "While temporary construction equipment may be present while Cinderella Castle receives its royal makeover, it will remain uncovered and we will do our best to ensure guests are still able to capture special photos and memories in this iconic spot."

Edited to add the link - disneyparks.disney.go/bl...oyal-makeover/

The above quote from Jason Kirk is a response he gave to a question in the comments section.

Edited at 07:52 PM.
Laura_<3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
That’s good news for everyone! Those that were really concerned about this can go back to looking forward to their WDW hol 😊
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Laura_<3 View Post
Not sure if this has been posted already - apologies if it has:

‘Magic Kingdom Vice President Jason Kirk has taken to the official Disney Parks Blog to clarify a few points regarding the upcoming makeover of Cinderella Castle.

One of the main concerns from guests has been that the castle may be covered in construction scrims and scaffolding. In regard to that, Jason said in a blog comment, "While temporary construction equipment may be present while Cinderella Castle receives its royal makeover, it will remain uncovered and we will do our best to ensure guests are still able to capture special photos and memories in this iconic spot."
Thanks for posting
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by Lily8 View Post
Thanks for posting
Agreed. Like i've said all along we (and I inclyde me) were speculating.
Old 20 Feb 20, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
aitchis
Getting to know the DIBB

I would suggest folks check out the WDW twitter feed, as they have posted that while Cinderellas Castle receives the royal makeover there will be temporary construction equipment and clarified this by adding:

‘It will not be boarded up but you may see cranes in the background during the refurbishment, we will do our best to ensure guests are still able to capture special photos and memories in this iconic spot.

Hopefully not too unsightly, but not ideal 🙄
aitchis is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by aitchis View Post
I would suggest folks check out the WDW twitter feed, as they have posted that while Cinderellas Castle receives the royal makeover there will be temporary construction equipment and clarified this by adding:

‘It will not be boarded up but you may see cranes in the background during the refurbishment, we will do our best to ensure guests are still able to capture special photos and memories in this iconic spot.

Hopefully not too unsightly, but not ideal 🙄
Thanks for sharing. dh trying to look at the wdw twitter feed but it says last post 6 days ago, is there a specific account we should be looking at? Thanks
Old 21 Feb 20, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Slightly gutted as wel have always been in August so always get a Castle picture with a crane, was hoping going in May there would be no crane, but apparently not
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinker-mum
Getting Excited

Mobile

I cant post a photo but if u read the comments on the original link on page 1 of this thread the inagineers actually state that the castle will not be covered, castle open for CRT and bbb as normal and will still be good for photos
Old 22 Feb 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinker-mum View Post
I cant post a photo but if u read the comments on the original link on page 1 of this thread the inagineers actually state that the castle will not be covered, castle open for CRT and bbb as normal and will still be good for photos
I think anyone used to reading such open ended statements knows there is room for movement in what's been said.

Scaffolding doesn't actually cover' you can see through it... we know they are draining the moat and I dont think its for cherry pickers or cranes ?

Also they said they will do their best to allow guests to get the photos not they will... And there will be temporary construction equipment (scaffolding? Cranes ? Cherry pickers? )

Its not going to be as bad as the worse case situation but I think people shouldn't go thinking there wont be an impact either simply off what's been said so far. What's they have said is open to interpretation.

Edited at 11:31 AM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Hollywood Goof
Earning More Ears

Mobile

I can appreciate that people are gutted at the thought of not getting that magical first view of the castle.

But as others have said, not worth cancelling a whole trip over. No ONE thing makes a Disney holiday! The unfortunate thing is, I'm sure these refurbishments need to happen. With there not really being an off season at Disney any more, disappointment to some is just inevitable.