Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Fab food report name.
Thanks. Enjoying your report and some great pointers for Universal I'm very tempted by NBC but we've got way too many places we want to eat at there for the 3 days available so something has to give!
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 18, 05:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Thanks. Enjoying your report and some great pointers for Universal I'm very tempted by NBC but we've got way too many places we want to eat at there for the 3 days available so something has to give!
It is really good but you are right there are some great choices here at Universal now. I really fancy Vivos Italian Kitchen, hopefully we can fit that in.
Old 14 Jul 18, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
It is really good but you are right there are some great choices here at Universal now. I really fancy Vivos Italian Kitchen, hopefully we can fit that in.
We had Vivo on the list but I switched it to Mama Della's at the Portofino because I want to get DW over there as a lure for coming back to Orlando the next time and I'm confident she'll like the hotel.

DW then looked at the Portofino Bay website and spotted Bice, a pricier Italian restaurant with food from her region so of course this became the suggestion. I suspect you have the best pick with Vivo it's supposed to be excellent

----------------------------------------

Quick update, the long debate of our Gatwick breakfast has taken another twist and I think we are now headed to Wagamama at the South Terminal. Thought about the Spoons but they gave me a truly horrible burger there recently so I've vetoed that one. Kedgeree on the Wagamama menu is a hard to find personal favourite
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 18, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Portofino is lovely, it sparked off our interest in coming to universal and staying on site each time. Sals pizza is good there as well for a quick service. I’ve heard Bice is great.
I have to say though now we’ve stayed a few nights at rpr we are sure that hard rock is the hotel for us.
Old 15 Jul 18, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Portofino is lovely, it sparked off our interest in coming to universal and staying on site each time. Sals pizza is good there as well for a quick service. I’ve heard Bice is great.
I have to say though now we’ve stayed a few nights at rpr we are sure that hard rock is the hotel for us.
that's great to hear about HRH, we're new to Universal generally (just two of us with 1 short day in the Studios park) so looking forward to experiencing the hotels, IoA, Volcano Bay and more time to explore CityWalk and Studios. Loved your Cowfish photos BTW
Old 15 Jul 18, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by theCMG View Post

ooh now you have me thinking, I'd forgotten about that one It was on the must do list for last time but it was only me and DD for one day at Universal and we went all in on a dessert flight at Margaritaville and never made it to the big pink. hmmmm I ummed and ahhed for ages about going club at HRH but there's too many snacks we want to try (bet it will be amazing!). What was the Royal Pacific like?

I'm so rubbish! Only just seen this reply We love RPR, the rooms were amazing, and I've never slept in a bed as comfy as the beds were here! Very clean, actually very quiet! We we're originally booked to go back to RPR this year but Dh and the kids really wanted to stay at HRH. We're only doing club level because it was about £100 more than a standard room so thought we would give it a go!

Now i'm going to go and catch up on this trippy!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Just found this report and can’t wait to follow along!

Love all The challenges and competitions you have going, always a fun way to add new things to a place you’ve been before. Not that that ever impacts on the fun or joy a trip there brings anyway
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Have a fabulous holiday... can't wait for your report!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Just caught up with all your updates - very excited to read along! And take on board some suggestions for our next trip! 😁
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List