Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 31 Jul 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymum3
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We really, really weren't going!

Our upcoming trip is a complete surprise to us all! We absolutely were not going to go again for at least 4 years! Then eldest ds(23) came home from work one night and said how much he would like to go on one more family holiday before the 3 kids all pair up and move away. This came as such a nice surprise to us. We thought he would rather do a holiday with his mates. Anyway that was all the excuse we needed to book our usual villa for the first two weeks of Sept. 2020

We have flown to Florida many times, but always Virgin and always into MCO. Obviously had varying experiences with immigration, but never exactly speedy! We need this holiday to be as inexpensive as possible, so are looking at flying BA into Tampa as a possibility.
Can someone please answer a couple of questions:
- can you do the skip the counter trick with car hire at Tampa, like you can at Alamo at MCO?
- can anyone give me an idea of how much it costs to book seats on BA? I've tried to google this but can't seem to find a figure.

Feeling very excited I am never happier than when I have a Disney trip to plan!
disneymum3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
lmartin
Serious Dibber

Exciting!

We have always tried so hard to wait as long as we can when we get back, but having introduced my other half to Disney in Oct 15, we ended up going back in May 17, October 18, and currently have 2 trips booked: this December and next October!

And in amongst that we've done Hong Kong, Paris, Tokyo and Shanghai - and are going to California for our honeymoon this Oct.
lmartin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneymum3 View Post
Our upcoming trip is a complete surprise to us all! We absolutely were not going to go again for at least 4 years! Then eldest ds(23) came home from work one night and said how much he would like to go on one more family holiday before the 3 kids all pair up and move away. This came as such a nice surprise to us. We thought he would rather do a holiday with his mates. Anyway that was all the excuse we needed to book our usual villa for the first two weeks of Sept. 2020

We have flown to Florida many times, but always Virgin and always into MCO. Obviously had varying experiences with immigration, but never exactly speedy! We need this holiday to be as inexpensive as possible, so are looking at flying BA into Tampa as a possibility.
Can someone please answer a couple of questions:
- can you do the skip the counter trick with car hire at Tampa, like you can at Alamo at MCO?
- can anyone give me an idea of how much it costs to book seats on BA? I've tried to google this but can't seem to find a figure.

Feeling very excited I am never happier than when I have a Disney trip to plan!
You can do STC at Tampa

Costs to book seats with BA changes all the time as it's dynamic pricing based on the flight itself, they'll usually give you a "From £x" when you're booking.
Old 31 Jul 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymum3

Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
Exciting!

We have always tried so hard to wait as long as we can when we get back, but having introduced my other half to Disney in Oct 15, we ended up going back in May 17, October 18, and currently have 2 trips booked: this December and next October!

And in amongst that we've done Hong Kong, Paris, Tokyo and Shanghai - and are going to California for our honeymoon this Oct.
Wow! That's impressive. I would love to go near Christmas! Sounds like you are Disney addicts like us!
disneymum3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymum3

Originally Posted by thatdavieguy View Post
You can do STC at Tampa

Costs to book seats with BA changes all the time as it's dynamic pricing based on the flight itself, they'll usually give you a "From £x" when you're booking.
Thank you. That's good to know about the STC.
I suppose the BA seat reservations will be similar to what Virgins used to be before the Economy Classic thing?
Old 31 Jul 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Luby-lu
Apprentice Imagineer

Luby-lu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Yey!

I love a we weren't going trip! We are doing the same. We fly on the 28th December hehe
Old 31 Jul 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneymum3 View Post
Thank you. That's good to know about the STC.
I suppose the BA seat reservations will be similar to what Virgins used to be before the Economy Classic thing?
Pretty much, they'll give lower prices for certain seats that aren't "prime locations" and build it in stages for the good ones.
Old 31 Jul 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Well with us all on tenderhooks with BA threatening strike action this summer holiday time, this is the last time I ever book BA!
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Don't forget to price up Tui, they have amazing flight prices atm. You fly into Sanford so the immigration is never busy and on the lovely Dreamliner plane too
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymum3

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Don't forget to price up Tui, they have amazing flight prices atm. You fly into Sanford so the immigration is never busy and on the lovely Dreamliner plane too
Thank you! I will definitely have a look at that as an option.