Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 30 Dec 19, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Question runger lane north or south? MAN airport

with only 139 days to go, its time to start with pre-travel day plans

we are getting a train (for the first time in forever!) and premier inn seems the cheapest as we are a family of 6 so need 2 rooms (plus free b.fast for the 4 kids is a very good added bonus too!)

I know they will be similar but can anyone with experience advise which has the edge...
north or south?

we are flying virgin from t2

thank you
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

They are across the road from each other, we stayed in the one of the left (not sure which one). I think I’ve read one of the differences is a bath in some rooms. We were happy with our choice, we are a family of 5, although DD was in a cot back then, and it’s great for breakfasts with the kids
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

I think the South has the sinks separate from the main bathroom. The North is slightly newer and has a Costa! Otherwise they're both your typical premier inn!

However look at other PIs nearby such as Heald Green and Wilmslow which are 5-10min taxis away from the airport and might be a lot cheaper.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019

Edited at 11:54 PM.
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotts2a
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Scotts2a's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Go for the cheapest, not really gonna sleep that much as too excited. That being said, it's a bit of a walk to T2 from either so work that out as well.
Scotts2a is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
If you're coming by train you'd be better of staying at Premier Inn, Heald Green then you won't need to involve taxis. You would otherwise needs taxis to and from the Runger Lane location. They are not within walking distance of the terminal.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
We stayed in North last year and booked the same again for next year - purely as it was slightly cheaper than South. No issues with it, just a regular Premier Inn
Old 31 Dec 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Potterer
Very Serious Dibber

I believe North is a typical PI room with one large bed, one single and a pull out trundle bed that is raised up. But the trundle bed mattress is attached to the base meaning you cannot tuck the sheet in under the mattress. If you have a wriggly sleeper this can cause issues. The bathroom is a typical PI one.

South has 2 king sized beds and a shower only, no bath. The room certainly feels bigger than a standard PI family room. PI is our go to hotel in the UK. The sink is outside of the shower room. This may or may not cause issues for people using the sink at night when other room occupants are asleep.

This year we did meet and greet but normally PI front desk will order us a large car taxi to the airport due to having 4 cases.
August 2019 CBBR & RPR Club level Post GCSE treat
Potterer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Millie1980
Getting Excited

Mobile

I can't remember which one it is but the o e with two double beds is my choice. It avoids the cano bed which are not the best
Millie1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs rcch
Imagineer

Don’t forget, if you have Tesco club are points , you can also use them at Hotels.com , you might find a room at the Holiday Inn express, which is also across the car park from North and South 😀. Plus they do a free breakfast.
I got the train to the airport, then a taxi to HIE, it cost just over £8
mrs rcch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Millie1980 View Post
I can't remember which one it is but the o e with two double beds is my choice. It avoids the cano bed which are not the best
South has the 2 double beds, much better than the dodgy 3rd bed in north. The room felt bigger also.

Bathrooms are different, south has a shower and the sink is in the bedroom, north has a bath with shower over.

If it’s important to you there’s no on line check in at south but there is at north.

As already mentioned north has a Costa.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List