Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Feb 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
pvbmb01
Imagineer

pvbmb01's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile SeaWorld - is it worth it?

Hi All,

Hoping to take my 6 year old for the first time to Florida next year. He's Disney crazy, and likes his comic book heroes. So we know we should be alright with the Disney and Universal parks (although I'm not sure if Universal might be a bit old for him) ... but is it worth going to SeaWorld?

He loves his animals, and I think he'd like the shows ... but it's been 13 years since I last went to Florida, and wasnt sure what there was there for little ones ...

What's your opinions please? xxx
Old 21 Feb 20, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

We went in 2017 and thought it was a shell of its former self. Used to be our fave park. It seemed to have lost its sparkle and it was dead. As much as we like low crowds no crowds was just depressing. Journey to Atlantis was tired, and the arctic section seemed gutted.

That said I had a lot of good memories of it in its heyday which I think prejudiced me. Like seeing a band 10 years past their best before dates. Still a good experience but a bit sad too.

If you haven't been before you will have a decent day I think but I'm not sure I'd swap a day at universal or Disney for it. It is cheap though.

Animal kingdom has enough animals to keep me occupied these days. Make sure you do the animal walking trails. We saw a baby monkey up close, it was great.

Edited at 07:24 PM.
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
pvbmb01
Imagineer

pvbmb01's Reviews
Mobile

Animal Kingdom is my favourite park to be fair.

Me and the hubby did SeaWorld in 2005 and 2007, so we've kind of been there and done that ... but I wasn't sure whether it was worth the travelling if not much has changed ...

Good excuse for an extra day at Disney! xx
Old 21 Feb 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Squidgyness View Post
We went in 2017 and thought it was a shell of its former self. Used to be our fave park. It seemed to have lost its sparkle and it was dead. As much as we like low crowds no crowds was just depressing. Journey to Atlantis was tired, and the arctic section seemed gutted.

That said I had a lot of good memories of it in its heyday which I think prejudiced me. Like seeing a band 10 years past their best before dates. Still a good experience but a bit sad too.

If you haven't been before you will have a decent day I think but I'm not sure I'd swap a day at universal or Disney for it. It is cheap though.

Animal kingdom has enough animals to keep me occupied these days. Make sure you do the animal walking trails. We saw a baby monkey up close, it was great.
You’ve summed up my thoughts perfectly. Add in low staffing levels. Not for us again for a few years.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelE
Excited about Disney

I don't know if I would opt to buy tickets for Seaworld specifically, but as we go to Discovery Cove, entry to Seaworld for 14 days is included, so we do go for a day.
RachelE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I think I would go if it was included within another ticket but wouldn't specifically buy one. We also thought that it was expensive, once inside, their Starbucks coffees were nearly a Dollar more expensive than Disney! The Coasters are good but the shows aren't what they used to be, there was a Sesame Street area but we didn't really hang around as they were doing Trick or treat.
It was the little things that we noticed, no free lockers & pay ones at the entrance to every ride & they wouldn't let you carry anything up to the ride itself.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

We went last year, didn't really enjoy it that much. We did discovery cove so got tkts included. I don't think I will be going back - was good years back but sadly not for me anymore. Got really annoyed about charging for lockers everyride now. Not good if you are travelling in a couple or with young children so no one to look after the bags. Seem to be holding you to randsom in there now

Obviously I am bias as have been in previous years - Young children I guess would love it there even now.
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’m sure your six your old boy would enjoy Sesame Street land at Sea World but not sure I would make a special visit.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
juniperbush123
Gone all Goofy

With a six year old I would just blitz Disney, you will love it. Go back a few few years later and do Universal and then a few years later do sea world, Busch & discovery cove. It’s not a once in a lifetime trip!
juniperbush123 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
pvbmb01
Imagineer

pvbmb01's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks for all your opinions. Think it's going to be a miss for SeaWorld this time.

The way I see it is we'll probably visit parks a couple of times because little legs will get tired so we'll easily fill days ...

Thanks all xx