Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Mar 16, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
kirmat
Apprentice Imagineer

Big apple greeter.

Could you please share your experiences of Big Apple Greeter with me. Good or bad. Many thanks.
kirmat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 16, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

Brilliant.
We were lucky enough in October to get one. We had a man about 65 years old, very knowledgable, we emailed before we arrived and chatted about what we might like to do. We walked over the Brooklyn Bridge with him into Brooklyn Heights, we saw some amazing areas that we might not have gone to on our own. We went out to lunch with him, he knew of a great pizzeria there and we treated him to lunch as a Thank you.
Happy Planning.

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 16, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The highlight of our first N.Y.trip! Ron telephoned us the night before to arrange to meet in the hotel lobby next morning, we saw so much with him, our day lasted 6 hours. We took local gifts for him and made a donation on our return

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 16, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
kirmat
Apprentice Imagineer

That's great. Thanks so much. I am going to research further. :O)
kirmat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 16, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post

I would say don't give a donation until after, I made the mistake of donating before but they never contacted us
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 16, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

We had a fantastic time with our greeter Judy, she was 70 and amazing. We met at 10am and she left us at around 2pm. We went on the subway up to the Flatiron district and walked all over finally ending up at the Highline. Definitely the highlight of our trip, she wouldn't accept any food or drink but we gave her a few gifts from home and made a donation when we returned home. If we visited again I would request another greeter.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 16, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Fantastic our greeter Cal was amazing. He had worked in the film industry for years and kept very discreetly pointing out celebs who I would have walked past. He took us to places us two women would prob not have gone, Harlem being the highlight. It was the best part of the trip by a mile.
Old 19 Mar 16, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

Is it not awkward at all? Might sound like a silly question, but I can feel a bit awkward with people I don't know. A bit forced almost 🙈

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 16, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
kirmat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by andi30 View Post
I would say don't give a donation until after, I made the mistake of donating before but they never contacted us
Oh thank you. I will make sure to wait until afterwards. Much appreciated.
Old 20 Mar 16, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
kirmat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
We had a fantastic time with our greeter Judy, she was 70 and amazing. We met at 10am and she left us at around 2pm. We went on the subway up to the Flatiron district and walked all over finally ending up at the Highline. Definitely the highlight of our trip, she wouldn't accept any food or drink but we gave her a few gifts from home and made a donation when we returned home. If we visited again I would request another greeter.

Thanks very much for sharing your experience. I will take some english goodies too.
Closed Thread