Notices

Old 6 Jan 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

We’ve stayed at Runger Lane north and Heald green before both of which were great.

We’ve booked Runger Lane South for October as their family rooms have 2 proper double beds rather than a double and two single sofa beds. Something you might want to consider with your sleeping arrangements?

Kat

Edited at 05:57 PM.
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
We’ve stayed at Runger Lane north and Heald green before both of which were great.

We’ve booked Runger Lane South for October as their family rooms have 2 proper double beds rather than a double and two single sofa beds. Something you might want to consider with your sleeping arrangements?

Kat
That's good to know thanks Kat.

Ahhh I see, that would sway our choice as ideally I'd prefer 2 singles to top and tail the boys, pretty sure we wouldn't fit the 3 of them in one bed

I'll speak to Chris tomorrow and hopefully we can book something. I've started compiling the list of restaurants ... xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

I seriously jealous of your new countdown. Such a good deal. I'll definitely be following along.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I still can't believe it, I did try to add on a few days at the end but because we got such a fab offer it was going to be over £2k extra we'll stick with the days we have for that. I'll try and get an update on later this week, trying to power work and get my assignment finished before the deadline tonight ... only 1800 words to go xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Food Glorious Food!

So we have been researching food options for I-Drive, ideally near to our hotel so we can both have a few drinks. So after reading various reports from Dixonsontour and Goldia we've come up with a list of places we'd like to try:
  • Outback Steakhouse - Lunch/Dinner
  • Cracker Barrell - Breakfast
  • Olive Garden - Lunch/Dinner
  • Steak N Shake - Lunch
  • Millers Ale House - Lunch/Dinner
  • Dennys - Breakfast
  • IHop - Breakfast
  • Perkins - Lunch/Dinner
  • Longhorns - Dinner
  • Friendly's - Lunch
  • NYPD - Dinner
  • Cheesecake Factory (Cheecake Only)
  • Carlos Bakery (Bakery items only)
  • Wolfgang Puck (Possibly)
  • Blaze (Possibly)

Closer to the time I will sign up to the mailing lists for vouchers and we will start looking at which places have offers on certain days (such as kid's eat free, buy one get one free). As this is a budget trip I want to try and keep the food costs as low as possible. If anyone thinks there is anything we could potentially add to the list let me know xx
Old 17 Jan 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
LeaPinkSnowball
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

That was a great deal !
we are booked for oct 2019 (art of animation and all satar sports)
then
2020 in a villa
LeaPinkSnowball is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LeaPinkSnowball View Post
That was a great deal !
we are booked for oct 2019 (art of animation and all satar sports)
then
2020 in a villa
I didn't realise you were on here Lea

It was a fab deal, still can't believe I got it, I half expected Virgin cancelling it

It will fly round, I remember this time last year and thinking it was ages away. Have you started a plan?

I want to do next year but Chris wants to have a break we'll see how he feels when we get back in May I'm going to book Disney in April when the free dining comes out and amend dates if needed. I want to do 3 weeks in 2020 but I'll settle for 2 xx
Old 17 Jan 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I didn't realise you were on here Lea

It was a fab deal, still can't believe I got it, I half expected Virgin cancelling it

It will fly round, I remember this time last year and thinking it was ages away. Have you started a plan?

I want to do next year but Chris wants to have a break we'll see how he feels when we get back in May I'm going to book Disney in April when the free dining comes out and amend dates if needed. I want to do 3 weeks in 2020 but I'll settle for 2 xx
Won’t do any harm booking a room onsite if(when)? the DDP is released in April. We will book with £50 deposit (booking with just one name) that way it’s secured if you decide to go but only loose £50 if we decide not to go? 😃

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Won’t do any harm booking a room onsite if(when)? the DDP is released in April. We will book with £50 deposit (booking with just one name) that way it’s secured if you decide to go but only loose £50 if we decide not to go? 😃

Kat
I never thought of that. So could I book a room for myself then add Chris and the kids on if we decide to go? Xx
Old 17 Jan 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I never thought of that. So could I book a room for myself then add Chris and the kids on if we decide to go? Xx
Yes that’s right. We have done this, this year. I’m going to add my girls on to our booking in a month or two.

Kat