Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Apr 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Short legs
Excited about Disney

Tokyo Disney Hotels - Oct 2019

Hoping to book the Disneyland hotel (as a 1st choice however will happily stay in the other 3) for 2 nights end of October 2019. Going mid-week so hopefully will help with the booking/crowds but I may be wrong! I know I can't book just yet and I have to be quick when they are released but I am after some advice please... I've found some other hotels available to book for my dates (Hilton for example) where it says 'only 3 rooms left!' I'm not normally pressured into booking something as I know this can be a marketing trick however I have found decent hotels in Japan (within our budget for 3 people) difficult to come by!
Would you wait and see if we can book one of the Disney hotels or book one of the other 'official' hotels now? I'm worried there will be nothing left for our dates
Which other 'official' hotels would you recommend? Also has anyone been end of October before and is it very busy?
THANKS!
Short legs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

End of October will be during the Rugby World Cup, so it is likely that there will be even fewer hotel room than "normal" at that time. Although people are unlikely to use the Disney hotels as a base for the World Cup, a lot of people attending the World Cup may use the time to see something of Japan - including the Disney Parks - whilst they are there.

That said, we booked the Ambassador hotel online at the time it was released with relatively little difficulty for our trip which fell during Japanese Spring school break - and the parks were very busy when we went. If you are prepared to get up in the middle of the night to secure the booking, you'll hopefully be fine.
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Am staying at the Hilton Tokyo Bay in just under 3 weeks time - we booked them first of all via (I think) hotels.com that allowed us to cancel at any time, but then kept eye open for the regular flash sales Hilton have, and then nabbed same room with the lower price, then cancelled the hotels.com one.

If you find places you are OK with price with now, then (after checking have got right site! ) book several different ones, then keep checking as gets closer to travel and then cancel ones not wanted - the price might go down even.
AntonyJ is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Short legs
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Caroian View Post
End of October will be during the Rugby World Cup, so it is likely that there will be even fewer hotel room than "normal" at that time. Although people are unlikely to use the Disney hotels as a base for the World Cup, a lot of people attending the World Cup may use the time to see something of Japan - including the Disney Parks - whilst they are there.

That said, we booked the Ambassador hotel online at the time it was released with relatively little difficulty for our trip which fell during Japanese Spring school break - and the parks were very busy when we went. If you are prepared to get up in the middle of the night to secure the booking, you'll hopefully be fine.
Thank you, am aware of the World Cup. I'm prepared to get up in the middle of the night but DH not so much!

Originally Posted by AntonyJ View Post
Am staying at the Hilton Tokyo Bay in just under 3 weeks time - we booked them first of all via (I think) hotels.com that allowed us to cancel at any time, but then kept eye open for the regular flash sales Hilton have, and then nabbed same room with the lower price, then cancelled the hotels.com one.

If you find places you are OK with price with now, then (after checking have got right site! ) book several different ones, then keep checking as gets closer to travel and then cancel ones not wanted - the price might go down even.
Thank you, will look at booking some hotels that we can cancel. Do you know when the flash sales are on or how I would find out? Thank you!
Have a great trip
Short legs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Head for Points
God Save The Points

Both on Twitter post news when the flash sales happen - they do several a year.

The TDR Explorer web site publicises it too
AntonyJ is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List