Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 May 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty_lucky
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by bernard301 View Post
never had any problems with staining however we tend to apply as we get out of the shower, then sort ourselves out before getting dressed
What a great idea - can’t believe it’s never occurred to me before! (I’ll still forget...)

I’m the one slopping it over my kids while they’re walking through the car park. (You know? The type of woman getting burned herself while attempting to cover her kids!)
Old 16 May 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by princess-momo View Post
how do you find the sports gel? my hub is wanting to try the factor 30 in this but isn't sure how it's like to apply etc...
I use the factor 20 sports gel and it is so easy to apply.
Much prefer it to using a cream - a lot less effort!
It's quite thin/runny and more like an oil than a gel (a bit thicker than baby oil). It has a strong alcohol type smell, but this dissipates very quickly.
It spreads well and evenly across the skin and dries very quickly.
DisneyStacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I use the spf 30 sports gel, they used to only do it in 20 but have it now in 30 as well. I love it. I found the 30 slightly thicker than the 20, the 20 was quite runny. just pump it directly on to your skin and then quickly spread out. It dries quick, its great. I'll be getting some for next year. I'll just wait a bit before I order any though, got a while to go

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post

We have always used No-Ads spray which we buy from Walmart / Walgreens / CVS (or CVS own make) Usually 50+ for the first few days and on the kids in the pool/sea then go down a few to 25. We always buy Cutter mosquito spray or Off! repellant. The best Aftersun is from Publix with lidocane in it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Jojo_disney
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I use ultrasun as it one of those one you dont need to keep reapplying - also rate the boots Soltan once range (still apply more than once but nice to know you dont have to do every few hours) we always buy over here as just seems easier but I did notice Walmart had a lot of suncreams.
Jojo_disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Jojo_disney
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I have found QVC do some good offers on the sets and in larger sizes
Jojo_disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mclem
Looking for my Ears

When I started this thread I thought there would be a clear winner, but no, I'm more confused than ever! Too many choices! Perhaps we could do a top 3 and I will choose to buy the winner?
Mclem is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mclem View Post
When I started this thread I thought there would be a clear winner, but no, I'm more confused than ever! Too many choices! Perhaps we could do a top 3 and I will choose to buy the winner?
Clearly the only way to determine the winner is to get all the brands, put them on in labelled stripes and lie in the sun and see what colours you turn!
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarkd3
Getting Excited

Mobile

Another vote for ultrasun, no burning or prickly heat but you do need time in the mornings to do it!
Clarkd3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
talk talk
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Fancealot View Post
I use sunsense ultra SPF50+ it's an australian sunscreen and a bit pricey but it's recommended for sensitive skin and i'm one who tends to burn rather than tan and always gets prickly heat too, not with this, the benefits are you can get a big 500ml pump bottle to have in your room for everyone to get ready before going out then take a couple of the more compact roll-on bottles with you for top ups.

It's a sunscreen I trust and one I will always use from now on
I couldn’t agree more! I was diagnosed with melanoma 9 years ago and as a result got prescription sunscreen and this was it. All well now but I have used sunsense ever since and highly recommend.
Lindfields Villa - November 1998
Terra Verde Villa - June 2019
talk talk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List