Notices

Old 14 Feb 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

At least you're open minded, I hope it is good news! Thinking of you.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Well I haven't heard back from the interview yet but I applied for 3 jobs around the same time and I've got interviews for all! One is 30 hours so I'm going to cancel that, the other is 18.5 again so I'm going to go to that one. Will update when I know more.

Have a few little updates about the holiday so will try and update properly at the weekend as well as finishing my report xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I do hate when people don't follow through on promises to get back with the outcome of interviews, it is so unprofessional!

Good luck with the other interview, you must be chuffed to have been offered three out of three.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Great news that you have other options on the job front. I hope that one of them works out for you.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Thank you both.

As I can't keep it quiet anymore I thought I'd tell you guys.

I've decided if I get this job, I'm going to use the money to book a night at Disney and get 1 day Disney tickets! At the moment it's coming up much cheaper booking through the US site so does anyone know if there's anything we're not entitled too booking through the USA website? Might be better to book the hotel via the UK site (for free parking) and the tickets via the US site. Any help or info would be great, especially as I'm wanting to keep it a secret from everyone else x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Kelly, that is SO exciting! I just did a little victory dance in my bed, I am now hoping and praying you get the job haha.

If you book room only through the UK site they give you complimentary tickets for a round of mini golf at check in. Normally, I wouldn't see this as much of a perk (as mini golf is already included in Ultimate tickets), but they would give you a nice little extra sprinkling of Disney. Also you'll be able to get cashback here, every little helps!

Other than the parking, there won't be any other difference to booking through the US site. Is it significantly cheaper? What resort were you thinking of? In the past I've snagged good deals on Expedia but those seem really rare these days.

SO EXCITED! SO MANY QUESTIONS!
Old 16 Feb 19, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Ooh, 1 night is exciting. Where would you stay? If It's one day only would you just go to MK?

I agree with C... So many questions. I'm keeping everything crossed for you!

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Kelly, that is SO exciting! I just did a little victory dance in my bed, I am now hoping and praying you get the job haha.

If you book room only through the UK site they give you complimentary tickets for a round of mini golf at check in. Normally, I wouldn't see this as much of a perk (as mini golf is already included in Ultimate tickets), but they would give you a nice little extra sprinkling of Disney. Also you'll be able to get cashback here, every little helps!

Other than the parking, there won't be any other difference to booking through the US site. Is it significantly cheaper? What resort were you thinking of? In the past I've snagged good deals on Expedia but those seem really rare these days.

SO EXCITED! SO MANY QUESTIONS!
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Ooh, 1 night is exciting. Where would you stay? If It's one day only would you just go to MK?

I agree with C... So many questions. I'm keeping everything crossed for you!
I had the thought last night, so I haven't told Chris. I'm sure he'd be happy though as he did say it was going to be weird with not going to Disney and he's not sure if it will be the same

Oh does it! Now that's interesting. I know the kids would love that and Chris is wanting to do mini golf anyway so will save money that way. Do you know if they have to be used that day? Just with the schedule being so tight I don't want to waste our only Disney day going to mini golf for a couple of hours?

Yeah I can get cashback and obviously parking is included. To be honest there isn't too much difference price wise ... not enough to warrant the $25 parking fee if we booked through the USA site anyway.

To be honest I'm just thinking of the cheapest, purely as a base to stay, but now I've mulled it over I'm wondering if it's worth it. The day I would book it for is the day we've been at Discovery Cove, so we'd probably head for food then to the hotel to check in, have a wander around the resort then settle for the night. Disney tickets will be used the next day. I did want to do it on a day when MK had EMH on the morning, however, the only day that does is our day at Universal with the express passes so I either cancel and rebook Universal a day earlier (which is the same price) and change Disney to that day or stick with the other I was looking at which was EEH.

At the moment POR and CBR are coming out the cheapest. Although Wilderness Campsite was coming up at $84 (not on the UK site) Arrghhh too many choices, my head is battered.

I think we would do MK as there's so much to do there, we could definitely do a full day there where as I don't think you could in the other parks (apart from Epcot) but there aren't as many rides for the kids there.

Any advice would be hugely helpful xx
Old 16 Feb 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
I can vouch for CBR, so good we've stayed there twice. Although both times were before all the works they have done. We had a pirate room first visit which was super. 2nd time we were in dibbers favourite area of the resort Jamaica, first on and first off the bus, not that it will matter to you on a short stay. The pool and vibe of the resort is brilliant. I love it. I'm seriously thinking we will have to return when all the construction is finished.

Old 16 Feb 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I have been thinking about this all day at work!

I wouldn’t sweat too much about EMH, what’s one hour when you have an entire day ahead of you?! You might as well get the extra hour of sleep to charge your batteries for a busy day. I figure the earlier you get there, the earlier you leave and vice versa.

I think it makes more sense to do Disney after your Discovery Cove day. You’ll have a really chilled out day, then can check in at Disney, probably relatively early, get to enjoy the resort a bit, and maybe you could go to Disney Springs for dinner!? If you move your RPR stay, then you run the risk of not getting the full use of your Express passes because you might be tempted to leave earlier to get to Disney, does that make sense!?

I’d agree it can only be MK.

I’ve had a little nosy at the resorts available, have you disqualified a suite at All-Star Music?

I absolutely loved CBR, I knew I loved it as we were driving through the resort to our room.

Now, here’s where I take things too far, have you thought about renting DVC points?! The Boardwalk, Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge (Boulder Ridge), Grand Floridian and the Polynesian all have Studios that sleep 5. Standard rooms at BC and WL are $288, Boardwalk is $252, GF is $340 and the Poly $360. I use DVC Rental Store, they are very good, and if you wanted to check availability they’ll quote for free with no obligation. So close to travel though availability might be limited so please don’t set your heart on it.