Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Jun 19, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Mobile

What about giving cruising a try? Different country every day. Things going on onboard the ship every day. Restaurants, buffets, fine dining , the choice is yours. Just choose your ship carefully as to what you want. It's just another option rather than being in one place all the time.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
If I went to Majorca again, I’d have to drive to Palma, go on a boat trip and try and explore the island. We are going to Kefalonia and plan on exploring everywhere, boat trips. I love looking at the beach and sea but can’t just lie there all day. My husband hates buffets, he would have me serve him if he could!
Never been to Greece yet but have spotted a nice hotel in Zante that’s taken my eye so it’s “ on the list “
Funny thing is we like to walk along the prom and stare out at the beach/ sea but neither of us want to sit on it , much rather sit next to the hotel pool and then just wander down to the sea for a quick walk out .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

We’ve been to palma on 2 different days which has been nice, so maybe more a city break would suit us more
The pool is quiet so no need for rushing out with towel
We enjoyed the shorter flight for sure, but I’ve started looking at Florida, parks or no parks as we’ve had years with both it’s the place e for me!
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023. Voco Dubai 2024
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fletchie148 View Post
We’ve been to palma on 2 different days which has been nice, so maybe more a city break would suit us more
The pool is quiet so no need for rushing out with towel
We enjoyed the shorter flight for sure, but I’ve started looking at Florida, parks or no parks as we’ve had years with both it’s the place e for me!
A few years ago we decided to to do our family holiday in Europe thinking it would be a lot cheaper , how wrong we were , the villas that were the same standard as the villas in Florida were extortionate , my daughter priced a weeks holiday up and we all thought the same , we could do Florida for two weeks with no parks for the same amount , admittedly we flew indirect to save some money but like for like apart from an extra weeks food to pay for it was a no brainier .
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

That would never be my kind of holiday anyway. We love city breaks in Europe, done loads of them. Museums, galleries, restaurants, markets ... plenty of variety.

I never sunbathe and didn’t even go in a pool in WDW or even on our DCL cruise. I would rather be cold than hot - we love the European Christmas markets.

There’s a holiday for everyone!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
That would never be my kind of holiday anyway. We love city breaks in Europe, done loads of them. Museums, galleries, restaurants, markets ... plenty of variety.

I never sunbathe and didn’t even go in a pool in WDW or even on our DCL cruise. I would rather be cold than hot - we love the European Christmas markets.

There’s a holiday for everyone!
Have you tried skiing Gill ? 😂
Old 14 Jun 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
Have you tried skiing Gill ? 😂
I can’t even ride a bike, I would hate skiing!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by fletchie148 View Post
We’ve been very lucky in going to Florida and this holiday has cemented that’s what we like, I’m not one for lounging round the pool I’ve discovered, buffet for lunch and dinner have been great choices, but fed up serving myself lol
I'm not one for that either. But I would have hired a car, gone on day trips, gone sailing. I would have stayed at a non inclusive hotel and gone out to try different places for lunch and dinner.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
Never been to Greece yet but have spotted a nice hotel in Zante that’s taken my eye so it’s “ on the list “
Funny thing is we like to walk along the prom and stare out at the beach/ sea but neither of us want to sit on it , much rather sit next to the hotel pool and then just wander down to the sea for a quick walk out .
I love going in the sea if it’s calm and walking along the beach, but can’t sit Roasting for hours. My dh would fall asleep under a umbrella but I get bored and need shops or something to look at!
Old 14 Jun 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Last year we did a villa holiday in Spain and loved it!
Could quite happily do that every other year as a break from full on holidays .
Don’t think I’d like to do a European hotel though unless it was a city break . Could not be racing for sunbeds every morning
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List