General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 10 Apr 17, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Here he is with one of his former dancing partners. Just to avoid any confusion - he's the one on the right!

Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 17, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post

I stand by my previous Hubba Hubba.

But Gill - I think I've dusted away COBWEBS with more to them than his partner's frock!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I really loved reading this. It was great to hear your sons trip review to. Thank you for writing this.
Old 11 Apr 17, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by RachelM View Post
I really loved reading this. It was great to hear your sons trip review to. Thank you for writing this.
Well, thank you RachelM - and I will pass on your kind words to Poot tomorrow. He feels very grown-up when adults appreciate his work!

I feel my Florida trippie is probably "better" than this one - it took me a goodly few posts to find my trippie voice, if that makes sense (probably not! ).

I'll see you after Day 4 -
Old 13 Apr 17, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Oh my a whole new hilarious world for me to read ! 😀 and featuring my second favourite viewing pleasure on skysports ( after tennis of course !) ...i do love a bit of figure skating ! Loved that! Highlights were poots alarm at the prices and the skating pics x

Edited at 08:26 PM.
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Wink

Originally Posted by jemima2 View Post
Oh my a whole new hilarious world for me to read ! 😀 and featuring my second favourite viewing pleasure on skysports ( after tennis of course !) ...i do love a bit of figure skating ! Loved that! Highlights were poots alarm at the prices and the skating pics x
Hey, Jemima!

What are you doing slumming it over here in the General Trip Reports?

Seriously, though - thanks for coming with us to Boston - we had a great time there. I LOVE figure skating - I am very tempted to order tickets for Milan next year. Much as I wish we had more children - when you only have one it's easy to haul (him) around.

Stick with us and you'll get to see my favourite photo of Poot's - "my head in a cannon". He's a funny kid.
Old 9 Jun 17, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
There's not much I feel I can comment on with regard to the skating. Now smuggling m&m's into a no outside food area I can relate to as we always bring our own snacks to the cinema, who wants to pay those prices?

I'm really glad Poot added the alternative day 3. Although I'm thinking they must have done something between lunch and dinner? Perhaps they were just really hungry after the museum.

Hope you've had a good week. See you next Friday

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
There's not much I feel I can comment on with regard to the skating. Now smuggling m&m's into a no outside food area I can relate to as we always bring our own snacks to the cinema, who wants to pay those prices?

I'm really glad Poot added the alternative day 3. Although I'm thinking they must have done something between lunch and dinner? Perhaps they were just really hungry after the museum.

Hope you've had a good week. See you next Friday
Lol, Abby - they had a nap between lunch and dinner. That's the life...

I totally wouldn't smuggle if the prices weren't so BONKERS. I am NOT paying $5 for a bottle of water. As the competition went on I got more and more brazen - by the end I was toting a bottle of water in each pocket.

I think my favourite bit from Poot was when he said that R.C. FORGETS that Poot is allergic to shellfish. That one definitely gets filed under "Mothers NEVER would", don't you think?

See you next week!
Old 10 Jun 17, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
It is funny how we just know ALL things about our kids. I've had a few evenings of working late this last week and DH has held the fort at home.

Both nights when I got home I was informed "I've sorted the washing out for you." To which the correct response is "Thank you".

However, in my tiredness I usually follow up with "have the packed lunches been made?" Which elicits the reply "I can never remember what they have in their lunch." :angry: food any kind of sandwich, plus some cut up salad bits and a couple of pieces of fruit...it's not difficult! Instead I say "ok I'll make them now. Have they showered and brushed their teeth ready for bed?" Unfortunately, I'm disappointed again as DH replies "I didn't realise they needed to shower" "yes, every day." Cue lots of muttering and huffing.

Oh well, I've made myself smile just describing my welcome home after a couple of 14 hour days, so at least I've entertained myself with my ramblings.

I do have to admit though that I can never remember what size feet my children have. It's not quite going to give them anaphylcatic shock but infuriates my MIL if we are out shopping and it definitely gets me another tally in the bad mother box.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
It is funny how we just know ALL things about our kids. I've had a few evenings of working late this last week and DH has held the fort at home.

Both nights when I got home I was informed "I've sorted the washing out for you." To which the correct response is "Thank you".

However, in my tiredness I usually follow up with "have the packed lunches been made?" Which elicits the reply "I can never remember what they have in their lunch." :angry: food any kind of sandwich, plus some cut up salad bits and a couple of pieces of fruit...it's not difficult! Instead I say "ok I'll make them now. Have they showered and brushed their teeth ready for bed?" Unfortunately, I'm disappointed again as DH replies "I didn't realise they needed to shower" "yes, every day." Cue lots of muttering and huffing.

Oh well, I've made myself smile just describing my welcome home after a couple of 14 hour days, so at least I've entertained myself with my ramblings.

I do have to admit though that I can never remember what size feet my children have. It's not quite going to give them anaphylcatic shock but infuriates my MIL if we are out shopping and it definitely gets me another tally in the bad mother box.
Oh, Abby - before I met DH I used to joke that I wanted to marry an orphan - so that I could just ABSORB my husband into my family. And I did... Having said that, Cousine X is just as judgemental and critical as any MIL could be!

But you made me smile with your stories. They sound VERY familiar. Though I can't let DH near the washing machine (or, as he calls it, "the machine that spins the clothes") - once, when trying to be helpful, R.C. BOIL-WASHED all of Poot's best baby clothes. After that they were only fit to be worn by Smurfs. :angry:

It's easy for me to remember Poot's shoe size - as it's now THE SAME AS MINE (!) - size 8! At age 10! I hope that this means he'll be lovely and tall. Lol - when I was pregnant, R.C. and I were having that "I wonder what he'll be like..." conversation - R.C.'s tender-hearted contribution?

"Hmm...I hope he's not a short-ar*e"

Not quite "As long as he's healthy, is it?"

Men!