$25 per night GOODWILL room credit/gc 0 0%
$75 per night GOODWILL room credit/gc 27 35.53%
A Bath With Mickey Mouse 7 9.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8 Mar 17, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post

Check in 14 Oct for 14 nights.

Booked through Kenwood Travel.

22 Feb. Phoned Kenwood after reading about refurb on the Dibb.
22 Feb. Kenwood phoned back after speaking to Disney and were told refurb would have little to no impact on our stay.
23 Feb. After reading people were being offered $75 p/n, I emailed Kenwood to query why if refurb had such little impact people were being given $75 p/n.
23 Feb. Kenwood emailed back saying that Disney have now changed the offer to £50 p/n off invoice.
23 Feb. Accepted the £50 p/n reduction, told new invoice from Disney to Kenwood could take up to a month.
3 Mar. Received new invoice from Kenwood with £700 reduction taken off.

As booked through TA, have received no emails from Disney about $75 gift card at check-in.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 17, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
tigerfee
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I just want to add that I received a call from Dale today (I phoned last sat and he was going to call me back. I also emailed him on the Sunday since he didn't phone back ) he said he spoke to finance and they are not approving any double offers you get 1 only ( I had 75 room credit and 75 email ) he did give me a 200 giftcard on top of my room credit but said he had to push for it. He was very nice and said he tried his best for me but that was all he could give. So if your waiting for a reply to email about same situation you might get this offer
tigerfee is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 17, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mark1994
slightly serious Dibber

Mark1994's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Not Caribbean Beach specific, but I was moved from Coronado Springs.

20th May 2016 - Booked with Virgin for Coronado Springs for November 2017

4th August 2016 - E-Mail from Virgin asking to contact them.

4th August 2016 - E-Mail saying:

"Due to an overbooking at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, we have secured an alternative property for you: Disney’s Caribbean Beach (Standard Room)."

8th August 2016 - Acknowledged my compensatory requests and explained to me:

"The complication developed due to a systematic failure between ours and Disney’s systems. A number of bookings across different properties and dates have been affected. I can assure you it wasn’t a business decision to cancel your reservation."

13th August 2016 - He replied to my copy and paste of legislation:

legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1...lation/13/made

Dear Mark,

Thanks for your email and I’m sorry to hear you’re unhappy with the options I’ve provided.

The legislation you are referring to states the following:

The consumer is entitled—

(a)to take a substitute package of equivalent or superior quality if the other party to the contract is able to offer him such a substitute; or

The Caribbean Beach has been offered to as a substitute which we consider an equivalent alternative. Virgin Holidays has also offered to cover £353 to move you to Port Orleans which is a more expensive property.

(b)to take a substitute package of lower quality if the other party to the contract is able to offer him one and to recover from the organiser the difference in price between the price of the package purchased and that of the substitute package; or

You are welcome to change your hotel to any other property and we will refund you the difference if there is any. The Pop Century hotel does work out cheaper on a room only basis but not with a Dining Plan.

(c)to have repaid to him as soon as possible all the monies paid by him under the contract.

A full refund has been offered to you from the start and that has been made clear.

As the change has taken place outside of 12 weeks prior to your departure, Virgin Holidays is not obligated to provide any compensation. However, we have offered to put £350 towards another property of your choice if the Caribbean Beach isn’t suitable. This covers the cost for the Port Orleans and Pop Century hotels with the Quick Service Dining Plan.

With regard to the $200 Disney Spend, the promotion has now ended so moving to another property on today’s contracts would usually mean forfeiting the voucher. That is why I mentioned we can allow you to keep it even if you move to a different Disney hotel, not because I’m pretending to do you a favour. I’m sorry if you feel this isn’t the case.

Although we were unable to fulfil your expectations in the way of alternatives/upgrades, I do feel that we have acted fairly to help restore your holiday plans.
Please let me know if I can look into anything else for you.

Kind regards,

Matt

Matt Young
Service Consultant
0844 557 4002
Virgin Holidays Limited, Aeronautics House, Crawley Business Quarter,
Manor Royal, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9AD
virginholidays

15th August - Confirmed my change to Port Orleans Riverside

In between all of these e-mail there were numerous telephone conversations taking place, and it was hinted at my time of being moved, there were around 100 other people/families being moved also. This is some 6-7 months before the work to Coronado Springs was announced. Also note the e-mail from 8th August saying bookings across different properties have also been affected. So reading between the lines plans were obviously afoot at the time, and Disney altered Virgins allocation for Coronado, and I guess we have been quite lucky.

Edited at 12:30 PM.
Mark1994 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 17, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraggle35
Very Serious Dibber

Phoned 23rd Feb to accept $75 prpn as seen it on the Dibb was told this offer no longer applied and I could only have £50 prpn not offered an alternative. Took this offer as there are 3 rooms booked and 2 have paid in full so a straight refund into our banks and money off invoice for the third, all confirmed by email and new invoices.
Fraggle35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List