Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 10 Sep 17, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
Controversial post alert... but we hated Hoop De Doo, the food was awful, cold greasy fried chicken and ribs! Worst use of 2TS ever, the only good thing was the free wine and beer.

The show was just "ok" ... I think Gopherlass and myself are the only Dibbers that have disliked it though
I didn't like it either. The show is fun (a Disney classic) and it was probably the best use of a rainy evening we had but the food had been sitting around for too long. We went to the last show of the evening, perhaps food might be better earlier on in the night. I definitely wouldn't book it based on the food alone.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
No you're not alone! We also did not like it! When we arrived our server put the bread/cake down and told us it was the best bit. He wasn't lying!
Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
I didn't like it either. The show is fun (a Disney classic) and it was probably the best use of a rainy evening we had but the food had been sitting around for too long. We went to the last show of the evening, perhaps food might be better earlier on in the night. I definitely wouldn't book it based on the food alone.
So glad Im not alone on this restaurant review! Im a member of a Disney Foodies FB page and I got slated on there for daring to speak a wrong word against such a sacred Disney treasure
Old 11 Sep 17, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Controversial post alert... but we hated Hoop De Doo, the food was awful, cold greasy fried chicken and ribs! Worst use of 2TS ever, the only good thing was the free wine and beer.

The show was just "ok" ... I think Gopherlass and myself are the only Dibbers that have disliked it though
lol...the first time I've been on the dining forum in weeks and what pops up?

Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
No you're not alone! We also did not like it! When we arrived our server put the bread/cake down and told us it was the best bit. He wasn't lying!
He was DEAD RIGHT.

Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
Hmm...we were also at the last show...maybe that explains a little (still doesn't explain the tinned fruit and veg, though :angry: ).

So glad Im not alone on this restaurant review! Im a member of a Disney Foodies FB page and I got slated on there for daring to speak a wrong word against such a sacred Disney treasure
OP, my DS (9 at the time) loved the show, but still wished we'd used our DDP credits for another meal at Citricos.

We can only speak to our experience, but the cornbread and salad were the only palatable components of our meal. The rest was all either over-cooked, cold - or straight from a tin.

VERY disappointing. Details in my trippie (in the sig below) if you want to know more.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
ariel2006
Imagineer

ariel2006's Reviews
I've seen it three times with three different people and all have loved it. On our upcoming trip I'm taking my Mum, Grandad and two sisters (one who does not 'do' Disney) but I am expecting them all to love it.

Adventures of An Ex Cast-Member & Disney Virgin ~ Pre-trippie ;April-May 2008 ~ Villa, RPR, CSR (Trip Report); July/August 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Miami; January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; July 1998 - I-Drive and Fort Lauderdale - 2 weeks; Trippies; Our Spooky DLP Celebration ~ Halloween 2008; Cowboys, Chicken and Country Music ~ Tennessee Adventure 2008
ariel2006 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 17, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
kcsunshine73
Imagineer

kcsunshine73's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Niki Mouse View Post
So much fun. I was worried my boys wouldn't like it, but they loved it and said they would definitely do it again.
Oh brilliant! It’s definitely one of those things you need to just do, cos it seems too naff when you try to explain it!
DL SanFrancisco to Anaheim Discovery Aug '23 ; WDW Emerald Isle/Florida Keys Dec'18/Jan'19; Dolphin, NYE 2015 DL HROC - 2013-14 Anaheim/LA/San Diego Tokyo Tokyo Disney Sea -April 2013 WDW - Tuscan Villa, GrandFlo & POFQ - Christmas 2012 WDW - Westridge, DCL Magic, ASMu 2011 DLRP - all the hotels (APHs 2007-2011) DLRP SF - March 2006 - DLRP DCR - August 2005 WDW Kissimmee - June 1984
kcsunshine73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 17, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post

I have not been but just from that YouTube video I know that I would absolutely hate it. Would definitely not be worth the 2TS credits (for us).
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List