Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 May 18, 05:56 AM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cakes and angel View Post
Does anyone have the email address for special diets as the one on the first post has just been sent back as undeliverable! Thanks
Hi Cakes and Angel, you can email them on

Special dot Diets at DisneyWorld dot Com

Sorry I had to type out the . @ and .

If you lose this address, you can find it again by doing a search (allergy or special diets or similar) on the Disney booking pages. Hope that helps

The special diets team were helpful when I emailed them.

Edited at 05:59 AM.
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Bubbasmum
Apprentice Imagineer

Is it this one you have used:

special.diets@disneyworld.com

If this is not working I would call them 001 (407) 939-3463, they are really helpful.

I always state our allergies on MDE when I book online swell.

xx

POFQ 2006
DLP Hotel New York 2010 & 2011
OKW 2013
Championsgate 2014
Disneyland Hotel at Disneyland Paris 2015
Disney Magic Cruise - Barcelona 2015
Disney Magic Cruise - Norwejian Fjords 2016
SSR 2016, SSR 2018
Bubbasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
lango
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Here now with dairy allergic kids and have eaten mostly offsite. Hope this helps:

Bought soya milk and cereal from store for breakfasts in apartment. You can buy frozen Mickey waffles too!

Taco Bell can exclude cheese, sour cream if you ask

Cicis make pizza to order, just asked for no cheese, pasta fine as add sauce yourself

Sweet Tomatoes will make pasta without dairy in sauce if you ask..plenty of selection on salad buffet

Celebration Town Tavern hot dog and pasta were dairy free for kids

Golden Corral kids helped themselves to a selection of Dairy Free foods (dessert a bit trickier)

Ice cream parlour at MK sell dairy free ice cream, kids cone also comes with Dairy Free chocolate

Winter Garden farmers market (on sat) sell dairy free ice cream with a fab range of flavours

Premium outlet, Vineland Rd, Chinese from quick serve - Bourbon chicken and orange chicken

McDonald's (was our first night to be fair) felt shattered so this was a quick/safe option

We tend to take snacks out with us like Turkey wraps, crisps etc. Makes it easier and cheaper all round!

Have eaten a few quick service meals in Disney and chef will always prepare and talk to you. However, their menus can pretty similar across all parks for kids.

Disney cookie for kids be aware we noted the cookie they provided with the kids meal that they said was dairy free does in fact contain whey (depends how sensitive you are to dairy as it was a very low content)

Have enjoyed some of the variety we have found off park and kids have got to enjoy the meals with us without having to resort to vegan options
lango is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 18, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
catki11
Apprentice Imagineer

In case people didn’t know, some allergy menus are now on the Disney World website and allergy friendly items can be ordered via mobile ordering (at those participating restaurants) on the MDE app.

Edited at 07:31 PM.
catki11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Opulent73
Excited about Disney

Opulent73's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Mama Melrose

Hi

Does anyone know whether there are many GF options at Mama Melrose?
Old 20 Feb 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsGrumpy
Apprentice Imagineer

Can't remember exactly, but had a very nice meal there. Seem to remember pasta.
MrsGrumpy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
*Dory*
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Originally Posted by Opulent73 View Post
Hi

Does anyone know whether there are many GF options at Mama Melrose?
When we went last year there was a good selection of all 3 courses and I can highly recommend the cheesecake 😋
*Dory* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Susu
VIP Dibber

Susu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread. It’s been really helpful.

I was diagnosed with yeast, whey protein, egg, wheat, peanut and cashew intolerances in November last year. Finding my way round it now quite successfully and was confident that I’d be able to eat well for lunch and dinner. I did try reintroducing some foods but symptoms were far worse than originally experienced so not something I’ll risk doing on holiday.

Despite getting to grips with my restrictions, I felt my chances of finding a dessert on holiday were low to none (I make desserts but couldn’t do that while away) and I wasn’t looking forward to eating cornflakes with almond milk for breakfast - totally fed up with eating that each day at home but it’s fuel. Thought the best I could hope for was to add some fruit to breakfast that wouldn’t usually have at home to make it more “luxurious”. I was feeling a bit down about that.

But through reading this excellent thread, I am looking forward to visiting Erin McKenna’s Bakery and will look for Vans waffles in the supermarket. And I’ve picked up some ideas for adrs.

I cannot tell you how glad I am to have read this thread
Susu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Bugs_n_Belfy
Gone all Goofy

Good Morning,

I asked in the main "Food" thread, however I thought I would ask in here in case it is missed. Has anyone had any experience of eating gluten free at Disney Springs?

Thanks
Bugs_n_Belfy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
*Dory*
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

I’ve had a gluten free veggie burger(they do meat as well) at Deluxe burger and fish and chips from cookes of Dublin/raglan road and can recommend both.
Also it’s compulsory that I visit Erin McKennas at least 3 times in the holiday. Being able to walk into somewhere and eat anything I want in the shop is amazing! They also do delicious cakes that taste like cake not like some of the places I go that’s either a brownie or something that sucks all the moisture out of your mouth. It’s a good job they don’t sell them at home 😂
*Dory* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List

Tags
dining, gluten free, special diets