Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Oct 18, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Mole83
Serious Dibber

Universal Early Hours

I have a few questions about the early access at Universal...

We have bought tickets via Virgin Holidays to Universal, which i know arent actual tickets and need to be swapped to real tickets. We also have a night booked at RPR mainly for the advantages of the early access and fast pass tickets for 2 days.

But my question is, as the parks open early at 0800, and ive read online that its best to get there for 0730, Is can i swap the Virgin voucher at the hotel reception for the actual park tickets? and how long is the process of checking in if we want to be at the gates for 0730? We will be driving up from Kissimmee and Im picturing a very early start...
Mole83 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

If the park shows 8am as opening then the early access is an hour before this so would be 7am
Can someone please confirm that this is correct but I seem to remember that’s what I did last time ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Mole83
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Yeah, Sorry, I meant early hours opens at 0800 so to arrive at 0730.
Mole83 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
tiger01204
Apprentice Imagineer

As you have the folp passes, early entry isn't essential at all. You will have plenty of time to do everything you want to and more. We don't bother using early entry at all now as we stay onsite like yourselves.
tiger01204 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post

We certainly still try and maximise the early entry even though staying onsite.

I guess it does depend to a certain extent when you are there.

We aim to be checked in and at the front gates 15 or so minutes before the start of early entry.

Keep an eye on opening hours closer to the time as this can change. Worth subscribing to dibb texts for park times updated just in case. Once got there for early entry only to find early entry had started half an hour before.

Not a deal breaker really as FOLP is the thing that makes the difference to your touring day. There are lots and lots of people there for early entry these days. It's really more of a normal park opening time now. Not exclusive at all !

Sorry, don't know the answer re vouchers.

Edited at 03:50 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mole83
Serious Dibber

Mobile

We are going the end of August 19. I think the 22nd and 23rd we will be at universal.
Old 19 Oct 18, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Sorry to jump in!

What do we have to swap? We have booked a package with VH staying in HRH with the 14 day tickets. Where do we get our tickets if VH doesn’t supply real tickets?
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
Sorry to jump in!

What do we have to swap? We have booked a package with VH staying in HRH with the 14 day tickets. Where do we get our tickets if VH doesn’t supply real tickets?
It’ll be a voucher in the My Documents section when you go in to Manage My Booking on VH website. They open up about 30 days before you go.
This can then be exchanged for real tickets at the Universal hotels or at Will Call by the entrance to Universal/lOA.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
It’ll be a voucher in the My Documents section when you go in to Manage My Booking on VH website. They open up about 30 days before you go.
This can then be exchanged for real tickets at the Universal hotels or at Will Call by the entrance to Universal/lOA.
Great thank you will change them at the hotel when we arrive then
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
You can not change your theme park voucher at the hotel you have to do it at the customer service desk/will call at the entrance to the park (as you pass the globe it’s to the right) you will also have to take some form of ID in the name of the person who booked the tickets. (That was me and I took my passport).
When we went we jumped the shuttle bus from our off site hotel a few days before we were due to stay at HRH for the night, just to exchange our voucher for tickets. We spent a few hours there then jumped a cab back to our hotel. Passport was put into the safe until it was the time to go home.
We booked into HRH at 7.30 am on the day of our hotel booking.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List