Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Oct 18, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Minimanam
Apprentice Imagineer

Minimanam's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Universal Express Unlimited?

Hi everyone

I am trying to work out if we would be better off staying at a Universal Hotel for 1 night or purchasing Express Unlimited Passes for 2 days but I can't find any idea of the prices of the passes.

Can anyone give me a ballpark figure of what the passes might cost and also which of the participating hotels is cheaper for 5 people (2 adults, 3 children) mid-July?

Thanks for any help you might be able to give.

Port Orleans Riverside

Art of Animation Suite

2016 - Art of Animation Suite

2019 - Beach Club Resort

Minimanam is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Andy C
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minimanam View Post
Hi everyone

I am trying to work out if we would be better off staying at a Universal Hotel for 1 night or purchasing Express Unlimited Passes for 2 days but I can't find any idea of the prices of the passes.

Can anyone give me a ballpark figure of what the passes might cost and also which of the participating hotels is cheaper for 5 people (2 adults, 3 children) mid-July?

Thanks for any help you might be able to give.
No idea on the price of the tickets for mid-July, but I'd assume they'd be on the pricier side (ie closer to $150 per person than $40 per person per day).

Royal Pacific is usually the cheapest Universal hotel that's eligible (the others are Hard Rock and Portofino, but they're more expensive). On a quick look through Virgin Holidays (you seem to have to go through a reseller these days), I'm getting £291 per room weekdays and £313 per room weekends. You may be able to get all of you in a single room; if so (and given this is for two days Unlimited Express for all), it's better to go via the hotel route.

Just watch out for the price of the breakfast. Look at the all-in-buffet price, because otherwise they really sting you.
Andy C is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Minimanam
Apprentice Imagineer

Minimanam's Reviews
I have found a great price for the Hotel on Expedia but would that include the Express Passes?

What do people think?

Port Orleans Riverside

Art of Animation Suite

2019 - Beach Club Resort

Minimanam is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Doesn't matter where you book the hotel, you will still get express passes in those that offer it

1 night in the Hotel will be far cheaper for 5 people. Even on the cheapest $100 plus tax per day, that'll be $1000

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We paid $250 per person for 1 day park to park express unlimited in the off season (September). For us (a couple) this was cheaper than 2 days of park to park plus a hotel for express, but we only wanted to go for one day as we’re not huge universal fans.
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
You can get the Universal Express Passes from Universal's website here:

universalorlando/web...ass/index.html

That provides prices for the dates you select, but the calendar only goes up to the end of December 2018 at the moment. Still, you could pick at date in, say, November as an example.

The minimum cost for an Off-Peak 2-Park Unlimited Express pass is $100 (+tax) per person per day. For 5 people over 2 days, these will therefore cost at least $1000 (+tax). In July they'll probably cost more.

The Royal Pacific Resort is the cheapest on-site hotel that provides Unlimited Express passes. I suspect you'll be able to get a night (1 night = 2 days express passes) at RPR for much less than $1000.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Minimanam
Apprentice Imagineer

Minimanam's Reviews
Have found a room at RPR for £325 for our dates so a great deal if we are going to get the Express Passes.

Just now need to work out a plan of attack for Universal Parks using the Express Pass for 2 days

Port Orleans Riverside

Art of Animation Suite

2019 - Beach Club Resort

Old 17 Oct 18, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Originally Posted by Minimanam View Post
Just now need to work out a plan of attack for Universal Parks using the Express Pass for 2 days
You don’t really need one

We were there over Christmas and most rides were fine with express pass. Minions was the longest but that’s because of the pre show which you still do. At the time the HP rides were not included. Now that they are you’ll be laughing.

Edited at 01:50 PM. Reason: Added quote
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

I remember seeing the prices advertised in the big shop by the entrance/exit in the Studios in August. I totally forget what they were, but I worked it out at the time and it was waaaay cheaper to be staying onsite (which of course we were).
Old 17 Oct 18, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Minimanam
Apprentice Imagineer

Minimanam's Reviews
That is great - just book HRH for 1 night!

Port Orleans Riverside

Art of Animation Suite

2019 - Beach Club Resort