Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Sep 17, 06:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Bertie
Helping Mickey

Mobile Prescribed medicines

Can you take prescribed liquid morphine in hand luggage?
Bertie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneytink88
Proud to wear my Ears

We have just returned and I took 600ml oramorph 10mg/5ml with me so yes you can. Make sure you have a doctor's letter though, Manchester airport were not going to allow me to take it until they saw both the letter and the prescription counterfoil. Coming back from Orlando the tsa officer tested it to make sure it really was oramorph, but didn't ask for the letter or anything else.
It will be exempt from the 100ml rule but will be subject to extra scans/texts etc.

Edited to add: definitely keep it in hand luggage, it's too easy for it to go walkabouts if in hold luggage!

Edited at 12:12 PM. Reason: Adding info
Disneytink88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertie
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by Disneytink88 View Post
We have just returned and I took 600ml oramorph 10mg/5ml with me so yes you can. Make sure you have a doctor's letter though, Manchester airport were not going to allow me to take it until they saw both the letter and the prescription counterfoil. Coming back from Orlando the tsa officer tested it to make sure it really was oramorph, but didn't ask for the letter or anything else.
It will be exempt from the 100ml rule but will be subject to extra scans/texts etc.

Edited to add: definitely keep it in hand luggage, it's too easy for it to go walkabouts if in hold luggage!

Thanks, I couldn't get a doctors letter but I did get a print out from the surgery for all my prescriptions. So hopefully that will be OK. I phoned our airline to check too and they said as long as its carried in the box with my name on the label it will be fine. Ive also got my discharge notes for hospital with prescriptions listed. Soooo hopefully that will cover me.

Hope your feeling better now and not needing the nasty stuff... makes me feel so sick!
Bertie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bertie View Post
Thanks, I couldn't get a doctors letter but I did get a print out from the surgery for all my prescriptions. So hopefully that will be OK. I phoned our airline to check too and they said as long as its carried in the box with my name on the label it will be fine. Ive also got my discharge notes for hospital with prescriptions listed. Soooo hopefully that will cover me.

Hope your feeling better now and not needing the nasty stuff... makes me feel so sick!
I am surprised you can't get a Doctors letter. Did they give a reason for not issuing it. Or was their a cost to it?
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 17, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertie
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
I am surprised you can't get a Doctors letter. Did they give a reason for not issuing it. Or was their a cost to it?
Lack of time.

Wasn’t a problem anyway - they tested it and checked the label but otherwise no questions asked.