Notices

View Poll Results: Which luxury air travel would you choose (and why)?
Virgin Upper 70 66.67%
BA Business Class 22 20.95%
Other 'Upper/Business Class 13 12.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 Jun 17, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Rockette
Apprentice Imagineer

I really enjoyed Air Canada and AA business class, didn't really like BA at all and not yet tried Virgin, although I have booked for later this year in Upper. Can't vote yet till I've tried all three options!

1982:I-Drive 2007:I-Drive 2009:I-Drive 2010:POR 2011:OKW 2012:BCV/AKV 2013:BCV/VB/OKW, BCR/BWV 2014:SSR/BCV, WBTA/NYC 2015:BCV, BCV/OKW 2016:BWV, WBTA/BCV 2017:VWL/BCV, MED CRUISE, FANTASY/BLT/BCV 2018:BRV/BWV, AKV/CARIBBEAN CRUISE/BWV 2019:BWV/VB/EBTA,BCV 2022:RIV/BWV, BWV, VB/CRUISE/SSR 2023:Mexico, RIV/BWV, Med Cruise, WBTA 2024 BLT
Rockette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 17, 01:18 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Manchester is convenient for us (Ncl doesn't come close) so we choose VA's UC/PE, good service. Whilst VA is our first choice we're willing to try other business class options from Dublin. Currently monitoring prices for this winter, canny increase but if we want away from the UK winter so be it.
Old 13 Jun 17, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

I have only flown BA CW because VA UC has always been far more expensive (£1,000 more).

I'm happy with CW and try to get the single window seat by the bulkhead - it's like my own small cabin within a cabin and no need to disturb others to go to the loo.

I wouldn't pay more to try UC so I just keep checking for their sales, Bargains etc.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 17, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post

Virgin would be my preference for a florida holiday.

If flying elsewhere, i'd love to experience Emirates or Ethiad with their little pods!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Emirates business is amazing!

Virgin UC ... didn't like at all. Maybe it was just the staff we had but it was not that good at all. Had an amazing burger though on board! That was my only highlight!

Don't shoot me I know there is loads of people on here who love it, just my opinion!
Old 25 Jun 17, 06:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Dan's Mum
VIP Dibber

Never flown Virgin UC but preferred American Airlines Business Class to BA CW.

Dee
Xx
Dan's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

I always turn left on BA.

Vastly bigger airline and available fleet (IAG) than Virgin.

Disney332

Edited at 08:27 AM.
disney332 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post

I have never tried Virgin UC though as I try to stick to OneWorld airlines for the points. I would like to try it sometime though.

BA business is reasonably good as the seats are quite private, Cathay Pacific much the same. I don't like Qantas business class seats as they do not have enough loos and no matter what time of the day or night it is thee is a looong queue for the loo! Emirates is a lovely business class so long as it is a fully flat bed, I believe not all are, I like having my own private minibar by my seat! AA business class is dire, their first class is about the standard of most business classes.

First class BA is excellent and love the Concorde Room at Heathrow. However the Asian airlines have better first class services.
Old 1 Aug 17, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

After our UC Virgin trip last month I have come to the conclusion that Aer Lingus business beats both VS and BA bu quite a way. Except for one thing - the Virgin Clubhouse.
But overall we would choose AL over both VS/BA.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 17, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
I'm not suggesting it's a first class but when you compare it to BA business it's a step up from their CW.
Can't agree at all with that. Hate the configuration of the seats - like a hospital ward on an angle. Much prefer BA's side by side seats. Your own little space.
Converted from Virgin after an appalling experience with Virgin UC.