Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Oct 17, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
RobertWestwood
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Originally Posted by jacksonrj View Post
Never worn a lanyard, always used my wallet, but thinking as there are a few splash rides at Universal they could be useful and I could leave the wallet at the hotel?

Also, has technology moved on at Universal, ie can the express card be used to link to meal payments and room delivery etc like the magic bands?
unless they have changed systems again, they are now using the plastic room keys as your fast pass (which they used to do until a few years ago)

I now that previously you could set up your room key to charge items to both in the hotel and the parks, not sure if you can still do that

She is much more intelligent than me
RobertWestwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 17, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

The hard rock lanyards are in the hotel shop but havn't noticed them elsewhere. Ours were 9bucks
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 17, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
limmy
Imagineer

limmy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I got all ours off EBay. Worked out less than £4 each and would have been cheaper but I liked the fancy gryffindor one.
Just tuck them in when you ride!
limmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 17, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
misaps
Very Serious Dibber

misaps's Reviews
Originally Posted by jacksonrj View Post
Never worn a lanyard, always used my wallet, but thinking as there are a few splash rides at Universal they could be useful and I could leave the wallet at the hotel?

Also, has technology moved on at Universal, ie can the express card be used to link to meal payments and room delivery etc like the magic bands?
I wore a lanyard with just my plastic room key and paper ticket in when we went on Rip Saw Falls and Bilge a Rat Barges. The room key was fine but my park ticket got so wet that the following day I was asked at the entrance to US 'had I by chance been on a wet ride recently'
misaps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 17, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
misaps
Very Serious Dibber

misaps's Reviews
Originally Posted by RobertWestwood View Post
unless they have changed systems again, they are now using the plastic room keys as your fast pass (which they used to do until a few years ago)

I now that previously you could set up your room key to charge items to both in the hotel and the parks, not sure if you can still do that
Yes, still one plastic 'credit' card type that can be used for purchases etc. They are currently trailing face recognition on some rides, so your card is locked to you and you only on Express lines.
misaps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 17, 01:03 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Please please buy your lanyard before you go to Universal. This year I had to join the queue to buy a couple of tickets for friends at the entrance. The queue went really slowly due to the kiosks offering lanyards when people were buying tickets. The time for a group to select the one they liked and then pay for it really really slowed the queue down and it took us about an hour to get their tickets :angry:...
fredflintstone is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List