Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Oct 17, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
grannyed
Very Serious Dibber

MNSSHP trick or treat.

Hi just wondering if someone can help me - trying to decide whether to get tickets for this for 2018 - I know that they’re not on sale yet.

I have researched some details but wondering what trick or treat entails.

I understand - probably wrongly - that CMs man stalls where you line up to collect candy. Is there a ‘trick’ before u get the candy- maybe a task to complete or something similar

Thanks
grannyed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 17, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

No you just line up and they give you handfuls if sweets. The party itself is pretty good though.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 17, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
grannyed
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you

I know that there is a Halloween themed parade and fireworks and that guests can dress up. Do the characters also dress up?
Are there characters that don’t appear on ordinary days?

My DS, DIL and 3 DGDs always celebrate Halloween here so I am thinking that they would enjoy the party...quite expensive for the five of them so would like to be confident that it is worth it...
grannyed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 17, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Parties get really mixed reviews last few years. I loved it 2016 and it was complete waste of money this year! Yes, you can collect candy but sure paying over 100 usd per person - you can buy the candy you actually want to eat for 10! The rides and characters were insanely busy

Edited at 07:41 AM.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 17, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
grannyed
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Alien View Post
Parties get really mixed reviews last few years. I loved it 2016 and it was complete waste of money this year! Yes, you can collect candy but sure paying over 100 usd per person - you can buy the candy you actually want to eat for 10! The rides and characters were insanely busy
THanks again.
Tickets won’ t be on sale for a while so we’ve time to consider it.

Good to have both pros and cons.
Old 21 Oct 17, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by grannyed View Post
Thank you

I know that there is a Halloween themed parade and fireworks and that guests can dress up. Do the characters also dress up?

My DS, DIL and 3 DGDs always celebrate Halloween here so I am thinking that they would enjoy the party...quite expensive for the five of them so would like to be confident that it is worth it...
Yes there are some villains that you don’t normally see plus the 7 Dwarfs who always have a huge queue because it’s the only time you see them.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 17, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Is it a good night ? Yes it is. It’s different to Halloween here. Yes th candy trails are good , just open your bag and they pop sweets in and quiet a few trials round the park and you can just keeping queing up , no restrictions.
Is it value for money ? That’s the big question . As an add on if Break it down the answer is no, but if you hadn’t got uk Disney tickets and just wanted an evening at mk then yes it’s excellent value and cheaper than a day ticket and you get a parade , fireworks and a special show and characters.
If you attend a party in august/September is not going to be the same as visiting in October or even Halloween . Same as going to a Christmas party in October , just doesn’t work as well.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 17, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

You just go to any one of the trick or treat stations and they will give you some candy. How much candy you get each time varies depending on the CM, has been anything from a couple of pieces to 4 huge double handfuls (this was an exception though!). You can get a lot of candy in one night, I came home with about 4kg of candy from 2 party nights this year...

Originally Posted by grannyed View Post
Town Square Mickey has a Halloween costume that I think he changes to for the party. Donald/Daisy also had Halloween costumes.

And yes there are a lot of characters that don't appear on ordinary days, or that don't normally appear together on ordinary days. When I went in September some of the characters I saw that had meet and greets during the party include all 7 Dwarves, Jack and Sally, Moana, Ariel/Eric. They can have rather long queues though...