Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Oct 17, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Which Disney restaurant for meet up?

We are meeting up with some very good friends next year, in fact we are staying with them for 9 days at the end of our holiday but at the beginning it's thier daughter's birthday so we are all meeting for a meal on DDP, due to used up credits it will have to be a 1 credit place, we will be 4 adults, 5 teens (mix of boys & girls) and my youngest will be 5. All up for a laugh and good fun plus the teens like to make a fuss of the youngest.
I am thinking of maybe whispering canyon ?
Don't want anywhere rushed, was also thinking chef Mickey but heard they do rush you there?
Any other suggestions?
Thanks
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 17, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

How about one of disney springs restaurants as less rushed usually.
Old 21 Oct 17, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

For the fun aspect I think maybe Whispering or 50s PT?
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 17, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Wcc would be great, we weren't rushed at all last year, in fact thevserver couldn't believe we didn't want a second plate of meat
Your youngest will love the horse parade and other fun things.
Plus the kids meals are only about $10 so you could pay oop
If you are using your credits to "pay" for friends have you thought about changing your 5 year old to an adult ticket to get adult ddp credits?

We are doing this for our 5 year old, will pay oop and the cheapest places and saving his credits for 2ts meals
Depends where you are staying but if you ddp as standard it's only the cost of the difference in park ticket so $20
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 17, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
We are meeting up with some very good friends next year, in fact we are staying with them for 9 days at the end of our holiday but at the beginning it's thier daughter's birthday so we are all meeting for a meal on DDP, due to used up credits it will have to be a 1 credit place, we will be 4 adults, 5 teens (mix of boys & girls) and my youngest will be 5. All up for a laugh and good fun plus the teens like to make a fuss of the youngest.
I am thinking of maybe whispering canyon ?
Don't want anywhere rushed, was also thinking chef Mickey but heard they do rush you there?
Any other suggestions?
Thanks
As it is their daughters birthday. I would let your friends decide venue.

Nobody rushed us at Chef Mickeys, I am quite sure I could have sat there all day had I wanted to.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 17, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Personally I wouldn’t do a character meal with that size party as it could get a bit chaotic with so many people for the characters to get around. Whispering Canyon or 50’s Prime Time are both good fun and easy eating for a possible range of tastes and ages. My kids at 5 and 8 thought Whispering Canyon was hysterically funny. We watched the video a few weeks ago from that trip (10 years ago) and it made me smile a lot!
Old 22 Oct 17, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Think whispering canyon is a winner 🤗
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List