Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 24 Nov 17, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Cheapest car rental for july

Looking at renting a 7 seat car, does anyone have suggestions on where to go for the best prices? The ones I have looked at for July seem very expensive.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 17, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disneyfan36 View Post
Looking at renting a 7 seat car, does anyone have suggestions on where to go for the best prices? The ones I have looked at for July seem very expensive.
I am finding Avis via BA Executive Club the cheapest for July. Haven't booked as yet tho.
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 17, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
speedygonzales
Excited about Disney

I always shop around with all the big rental co's, comparison sites and off course alamo/brits but in recent years the cheapest I've found for a standard/full size SUV has been Virgin Holidays.
You don't need to fly or stay with them to book the car hire, they use Alamo which means you get a (relatively) good service and a free 2nd driver.
speedygonzales is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 17, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I’m still waiting to book for July as there is a premium added by Alamo during July next year. Cheapest I have found is with Virgin hire car.
Old 24 Nov 17, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
lossieglen
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We pick up on 1 July for 2 weeks and we have booked a minivan. Cheapest by far was with Dollar uk. Some £300 cheaper than Alamo brits and £170 cheaper than Avis.

Alamo and Avis are my number 1&2 picks but they are asking silly money this time around.
lossieglen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 17, 02:11 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I booked for end of July with Virgin car hire and thought it was cheaper than it’s been for years. I paid about £30 a day fully incl for a full sized SUV from Disney Car Care Centre (Alamo). Was quite a bit cheaper than Alamo Brits price when I compared.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 17, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Disneyfan36. What are your dates please?

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 17, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
tfmay
Getting Excited

I think I must be searching wrong when I look for virgin holidays car rental as my quote is £100 more than Alamo brits!

I'm after SUV for next June and prices seem a lot more than I paid in Oct 16...
tfmay is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 17, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tfmay View Post
I think I must be searching wrong when I look for virgin holidays car rental as my quote is £100 more than Alamo brits!

Maybe not, prices go up and down like a fiddler's elbow. I saw someone on here post a few weeks back how Virgin was really cheap just then and went on and booked.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 17, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by tfmay View Post

I used to use Virgin Atlantic for my car hire all the time, always cheaper than Brits.
However things have changed with them. Some dates are good prices, others aren't
But in their defence I would say that Brits has some insane prices for certain dates.

An example is an 8 day rental in March 18. I paid a tad over £200 and now it's over £400.

My advice from many years of booking and tons of research. Book it the day your return date for the car is available. Book it with a firm that gives you free and hassle free cancellation e.g. Brits and Andy etc.

Pays off every time for me and I very rarely have to cancel and rebook as it's become cheaper.

Also dont ignore Netflights, tend to have good rental prices with Alamo.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 09:31 AM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List