Notices
Intro's and Welcomes Introduce yourself and be welcomed into our community.

Old 15 Jul 18, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Hello from an ex recovering dibbaholic

So hi everyone!

This could be a bit of a long post, I tend to ramble and there's alot of background to why i'm introducing myself (and my family) as a newbie.

You see, it's been a while since I last stalked the Dibb (at least 5 years), where I left my hopes, dreams, and aspirations to rest.

A little background takes us all back to having a 5 year old dd and a 1 year old ds. Knowing that I BADLY wanted to take these kids on a holiday of a lifetime, to the most magical place in the world (Disney obviously), we (my former husband and I), knew we couldn't do it without drastic work-related changes taking place.

So...

I did it! I went back to college! I reimagined my life from a Customer Service Manager, to a Research Scientist! It has been a loooong 5 years, and with an industrial placement year inbetween (the experience was a welcomed and necessary stop gap from education), I have yet to finish my degree; my last long, gruelling year starts in September, WOOHOO!

If you also noticed, I also stated 'my former husband' above. We got divorced in my first year at uni, another long story, for another millenia perhaps. But, needless to say, my dreams seemed further and further away from becoming reality. Buuuut, with graduation only a year away, and due to the placement with a biotechnology company, bringing a better chance of a job once I graduate, it's time to start obsessing again!

My goal is to take my two babies and my new partner to the place where all dreams really do come true, having experienced it myself on numerous occassions as a child and young adult. And this obsession will help me focus on what my end goal is and why I've struggled for the last 5 years to just make ends meet.

My obsessions are both in everything Disney and Harry Potter! So obviously Florida is my definitive end goal! My kids are the same, as is my OH.

Oh! And we LOVE our cats too!

PURRRRFECT!

If you've read this far without falling asleep, thank you for being so kind, and say hi back 🤗
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Apprentice Imagineer

Well done you turning it all around! It just goes to show how much can be achieved with hard work and determination.

Hope you get your dream holiday sooner than you think
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi! Really loved your story and your dedication! I hope you will be able to go to the place where dreams come true very soon ☺
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hi ! Hope you manage to get yourself and your family to Disney really soon. Remember though that your story shows Disney doesn’t make your dreams come true...YOU do !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Dizzny Momma
Excited about Disney

I managed to read to the end without falling asleep so Hi
I'm sure it won't be long before you are planning your trip and I'm sure the children will enjoy it
Margaret
Dizzny Momma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Hello and welcome to the dibb, now you can look forward to planning your magical holiday and booking it. Good luck with your degree
Old 15 Jul 18, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

Well done...go u! Welcome back to the dibb and happy planning...this year will fly by! dx
dannigizmo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi and welcome
Old 17 Jul 18, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thank you for all your lovely responses! They are really appreciated 😊
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Inspirational 👍🏻
Well done and welcome back!
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List