Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 26 Sep 18, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
holidayrep
slightly serious Dibber

holidayrep's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile New vegetarian options at Disney

I'm off to see the mouse next week and am excited to find out Disney is now doing more veggie food that I like.

I eat a lot for Quorn at home and so like fake meat type food

Casey's are now doing a vegetarian / vegan hotdog and every park has what did disney calls a plant based burger.

Also food and wine has a veggie slider by impossible burger.
Old 26 Sep 18, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
My Wife is a fish lover but does really like vegetarian dishes. At long last Disney are upping their game ref what they offer. There are quite a few dishes she now likes.

Me, I stick to fish!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 18, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
holidayrep
slightly serious Dibber

holidayrep's Reviews
Mobile

Yes I know the fake meat option isn't for everyone but I love that I can try Casey's corner and other places at last!
Old 26 Sep 18, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

The best Vegan/Vegetarian meals I had in order were:

Trails End - 7 courses of pure deliciousness made by Chef TJ

The Wave - The Contemporary Resort

Teppan Edo - EPCOT

Satu’li Canteen - Pandora Animal Kingdom

If you’re on Instagram follow VeganDisneyWorld, lots of delicious food/snack ideas.

Have a great time👍

Edited at 10:39 AM.
Jedi Princess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 18, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
You will find groups on facebook, Veg Disney is very good.
As Jedi Princess above says, Trails End is amazing, try and go for dinner around 5/6pm as it's quieter and he can spend more time on you.

I'd also add Ohana, had a great breakfast there at Xmas last year.

Do you need a list of restaurants offsite? Or are you only staying onsite?
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 18, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Last month was our first trip as vegans and we were so pleasantly surprised by the vegan food options at Disney.

All the vegan burgers and hot dogs we had were great, we left before the launch of the plant based hot dog at Casey’s Corner but the one at Friar’s Nook was impressive. My daughter had it three times in two weeks.

The vegan burgers at Pecos Bill, ABC Commissary, Ale and Compass at The Yacht Club and House of Blues were all delicious. The Ale and Compass one comes with vegan bacon and cheese and was amazing. I think all of those except HOB are Beyond burgers and the HOB one is an Impossible Burger.

The Impossible sliders at Food & Wine were very good too, but I preferred the vegan Greek nachos.

We really enjoyed the vegan skillet at Whispering Canyon, I haven’t eaten ‘barbecue’ food like that in the US since I was a child before I was vegetarian.

My favourite counter service item was the vegan chilli nachos at Min & Bill’s at DHS though. The menu doesn’t state that the chilli is vegan as is, but it is. You just have to ask for it without sour cream and cheese for vegan diets, it’s vegetarian as is on the menu.

We had excellent experiences at all the table service restaurants we went to too. Everything we ate was delicious and they were very accommodating to our diets. Raglan Road are able to make vegan onion rings which made me very happy, and the food at Jiko (which has a dedicated vegan menu) and Skipper Canteen was outstanding. Jiko have a vegan panna cotta dessert which was lovely.

We did very well at Crystal Palace and Tusker House too. They now have an allergy pamphlet which details all the buffet items so we knew exactly what we could eat and didn’t have to be taken around the buffet by a chef.

I am so glad the lovely nanasamboy here pointed me towards vegandisneyworld so we were able to work out the best restaurant service for us and plan in advance . I think of our last five Disney trips, this was the best we have had food wise, despite our diets being the most restricted this time. Well done Disney for accommodating vegan and vegetarian guests so brilliantly. It really was hassle free, and it was great to enjoy the odd quick and easy burger as well as some excellent restaurant food.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 18, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
My Wife is a fish lover but does really like vegetarian dishes. At long last Disney are upping their game ref what they offer. There are quite a few dishes she now likes.

Me, I stick to fish!
At long last? I'd say it's been pretty decent for a good 10 years or so now.

It's a long cry from where it was when I was going nearly 30 years ago and the options were a cheese pizza or a very plain salad.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 18, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
At long last? I'd say it's been pretty decent for a good 10 years or so now.

It's a long cry from where it was when I was going nearly 30 years ago and the options were a cheese pizza or a very plain salad.
When I went in 2000 I couldn’t even find a salad without meat or fish on. Think we were in Hollywood Studios at the time.
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 18, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’m excited to try Caseys corners new hot dog!

Last year I was impressed that as a vegetarian I didn’t have to eat cheese pizza all the time!

On my trip at 16 that’s literally all I had for 2 weeks on and off site.

If you need any off site recommendations yard house on I drive had a brilliant veggie menu using gardein which is a bit like quorn.

On site Tusker House in AK was great and so was Tokyo in Epcot.
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 18, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
holidayrep
slightly serious Dibber

holidayrep's Reviews
Mobile

They have upped their game over 10 years but I found it was a lot of food I didn't eat. I really am the vegetarian who just swapped meat for fake meat and don't eat a lot of vegetables.

Oh my first trip in 2001 I had days I nearly cried I was so fed up with food choices