Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Oct 18, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
K8T
Being a bit Goofy

FP - Have I messed up? !

We are off on 20th staying POR, I missed the opening date for booking FP, although I can't say I was sure what parks we would be in anyway on what day, when I did remember, several days after the date, all the FP's have gone and it says standby only.

Last time we went you got them in the parks, is there any hope for us doing this now?

My daughter is obsessed with Avatar, so that is an important one, probably only one after that we need is slinky dog.

How does it work now, getting them when you are there?

Thanks
K8T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 18, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
MrPenguin
Serious Dibber

You can get them when you're there but not like the old days in the machine. It's still on the app and you basically have to get lucky with cancellations. Avatar and Slinky are likely to be 2 of the most popular ones and most even struggle to get them at 30 days out but you may get lucky. Keep checking every day.
MrPenguin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 18, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Deano123
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Keep checking the FP availability calendar on here as people change plans and you could get lucky.
Deano123 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 18, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’ve found that you’re more likely to get FP a day or so before or even on the day as people change plans while over there. We were able to change a FoP FP and book additional FP for Slinky and other hard to get rides either the day before or on the day.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 18, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by K8T View Post
We are off on 20th staying POR, I missed the opening date for booking FP, although I can't say I was sure what parks we would be in anyway on what day, when I did remember, several days after the date, all the FP's have gone and it says standby only.
I'm surprised that all the fastpasses have gone!

Sure, some of the popular rides like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (in MK), Flight of Passage (in AK) and Slinky Dog Dash (in HS) may not be available, but there are usually some fastpasses available in each of the parks. Are they all gone?

Looking at the DIBB's Fastpass Availability page:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=835236

...it appears most rides are still available.

Perhaps your MyDisneyExperience app isn't working properly and not showing any fastpasses at all? Can you not see any fastpasses?

Last time we went you got them in the parks, is there any hope for us doing this now?
Unfortunately, there are no paper fastpass machines in the parks any more. The old system doesn't exist any more. There's only one system and it's the one on the app / website that you've already looked at.

People do change their plans and they can cancel fastpasses as they go. Therefore, it's possible for fastpasses for the popular rides (7DMT, FOP and SDD as mentioned before) to appear. I think sometimes Disney randomly add some extra fastpasses into the system as well. Therefore, keep checking the app or website - or the Fastpass Availability page above - as often as you can to see if any fastpasses for the popular rides become available.

For all the other rides, you shouldn't have a problem booking them now. Some are even bookable on the day.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 11:25 AM.
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 18, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
K8T
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I'm surprised that all the fastpasses have gone!

Sure, some of the popular rides like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (in MK), Flight of Passage (in AK) and Slinky Dog Dash (in HS) may not be available, but there are usually some fastpasses available in each of the parks. Are they all gone?

Looking at the DIBB's Fastpass Availability page:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=835236

...it appears most rides are still available.

Perhaps your MyDisneyExperience app isn't working properly and not showing any fastpasses at all? Can you not see any fastpasses?

Unfortunately, there are no paper fastpass machines in the parks any more. The old system doesn't exist any more. There's only one system and it's the one on the app / website that you've already looked at.

People do change their plans and they can cancel fastpasses as they go. Therefore, it's possible for fastpasses for the popular rides (7DMT, FOP and SDD as mentioned before) to appear. I think sometimes Disney randomly add some extra fastpasses into the system as well. Therefore, keep checking the app or website - or the Fastpass Availability page above - as often as you can to see if any fastpasses for the popular rides become available.

For all the other rides, you shouldn't have a problem booking them now. Some are even bookable on the day.
Sorry. I should have said, not all of them, the Avatar ones, which was one of the reasons my daughter wanted to go and a couple of others we wanted. Guess we'll have to get in at the rope dropw and run!

Thanks for the info.

Edited at 04:29 PM.
K8T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 18, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracytrace
Looking for my Ears

Mobile

Sorry. I should have said, not all of them, the Avatar ones, which was one of the reasons my daughter wanted to go and a couple of others we wanted. Guess we'll have to get in at the rope dropw and run!

Thanks for the info.
We are in animal kingdom today and wait time for flight of passage is 300 minutes mde app wasn’t working until two weeks b4 we were due to come so all the popular FP had gone very frustrating we couldn’t queue for that amount of time ! Good luck it’s been very busy here this week all the parks have been busier than stated in any of the apps/ websites that predict quieter days !
Tracytrace is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
K8T
Being a bit Goofy

Oh no, how disappointing. There's no way dh will wait that long. Unless we can get in quickly, I think we are going to have one very disappointed young lady.
Old 13 Oct 18, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Deano123
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Oh no, how disappointing. There's no way dh will wait that long. Unless we can get in quickly, I think we are going to have one very disappointed young lady.
We had access at 60 days and struggled with FOP and SDD. I was almost obsessively looking in MDE throughout the day and evening and managed to grab FOP a couple of times. I had the link to the FP calendar saved as a favourite and just persevered until some popped up. I wouldn’t give up hope as people change plans or we wouldn’t have got them.

Edit to add:

Not sure how bob on accurate the wait times are on MDE, but at 17:40 UK time it says 120 minutes wait.

Edited at 05:41 PM.
Deano123 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather
Imagineer

Perhaps try getting to the park before rope drop and make straight for Avatar on your AK day and Slinky Dog on the day you go to HS. You might still have a wait for standby but not maybe as long if you wait until later in the day.