Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Oct 18, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by pad406 View Post
Do you have a link to the rules on their website? I have been unable to find anything relating to FP+ and RS
The moms panel I posted in my original post, is where I’ve got it from.

I’ve just found a more recent post from 7th October which states that you can do this, so Disney need to be very clear on this, as there is lots of different information flying about and it’s on their website!
disneyparksmomspanel.disney... g-kids-383653/
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Originally Posted by Bolto6 View Post
But also on the WDW website they have the Moms Panel, which is fully vetted and authorised by WDW, where the question is asked, and the answer as per my screen grab in my original post is yes you can use FP and RS. Like I’ve said there was no issues at AK or DHS, only at MK.

There had been a lot of questions about it on here since the change, so I just thought I would post my experience, but of course I wish I didn’t have to use it, however, needs must, and why should I miss out because DD can’t ride and similarly why should she miss out, when her ticket is only £20 less than mine and she can’t go on the headliners?

I only got back 2 weeks ago, and this particular trip to MK was on 24th September, if that helps.
The MomsPanel is riddled with incorrect information and nonsense, however you did receive an actual explanation from WDW but as you don't like that one you are ignoring it

As to the MomsPanel being vetted and Authorised by Disney, this is from their (MomsPanel) website

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

The MomsPanel is riddled with incorrect information and nonsense, however you did receive an actual explanation from WDW but as you don't like that one you are ignoring it

As to the MomsPanel being vetted and Authorised by Disney, this is from their (MomsPanel) website

Fact is I used it with no issues except on one ride, and so did lots of others. It might be riddled with incorrect information, but when there is several hundred posts saying the same thing then generally I would say it works like that. If they don’t want that to be their policy then they need to make it clear. I’m not disputing Disney’s reply, I’m disputing the inconsistency across the parks. If BTM has been our first ride, I would have probably changed the rest of my plans, as I would have thought I’d mis-interpreted them, but as I’d already used it in this way 4 times in 2 other parks, then I didn’t change anything and challenged it.

Im going to leave it here now, as I don’t think any good is going to come from arguing about it anymore. I just wanted to share my experience so others could make a more informed decision.

Edited at 06:43 PM.
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

It's certainly changed a lot since we were there in February and they were using the paper rider switches, it's a shame as it gives a lot less flexibility as to when you go back.

Hopefully by our next trip our youngest will be 40 inches which would mean the only ride it would give us an issue for us FOP (as I don't ride any others with higher height restrictions!)
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by Powlay View Post
So, for example you come out, the cast member then asks for the switch ticket to be returned as you didnt ride the attraction just as you try to enter the fast pass line?

Dont get me wrong, i have intentions of doing the same in the way of booking a fast pass for me and dwarf 1 and 2, having the wife stay with dwarf 3 and asking for a switch so she can then go on after me and dwarf 1 & 2 ride with her. (in theory 6 fast passes for the booking of 3)
And that’s why a lot of people don’t agree with how rider switch is used/setup and why 1 group of people should benefit when another group misses out just because their children are older or taller...
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
And that’s why a lot of people don’t agree with how rider switch is used/setup and why 1 group of people should benefit when another group misses out just because their children are older or taller...
These groups have the benefit of all riding together! Wouldn’t say they are ‘missing out’.
Old 13 Oct 18, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Dimple
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
These groups have the benefit of all riding together! Wouldn’t say they are ‘missing out’.
This times a million. I really don't get why people are so aggrieved by this. It's really inconvenient to rider swap in reality, yes ds1 gets to ride twice but id rather the whole family could ride together and ds2 wasnt hanging around waiting.
The real abuse of rider swap was people who didnt have kids at all getting the swap passes and using them as a fastpass instead not the fact that some kids get a second ride.
Dimple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 18, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
There is no ticket and is basically another FP activated onto the MB of Rider B.

Cannot see any reason why they would ask to deactivate this.
See, thats how quick things can change. In November 2017 they were still giving out paper swaps

Originally Posted by Bolto6 View Post
But also on the WDW website they have the Moms Panel, which is fully vetted and authorised by WDW, where the question is asked, and the answer as per my screen grab in my original post is yes you can use FP and RS. Like I’ve said there was no issues at AK or DHS, only at MK.

There had been a lot of questions about it on here since the change, so I just thought I would post my experience, but of course I wish I didn’t have to use it, however, needs must, and why should I miss out because DD can’t ride and similarly why should she miss out, when her ticket is only £20 less than mine and she can’t go on the headliners?

I only got back 2 weeks ago, and this particular trip to MK was on 24th September, if that helps.
I think its great you have posted your experience and sadly from any view its a shame disney could not come out with a decent answer that made any sense and also apologise for their cast members way of speaking.

If people dont like the way things are or the loopholes then thats ok, its not their holiday, not their theme park, not their issue.

Personally i dont care for the moms panel, my sister is a blogger shes been invited out there. Its a way of paying for people to advertise disney, a lot of things on there are very very opinionated rubbish. (like a lot of stuff i say haha only im always right!)

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Yeah, and? Thats up to disney to clarify things, till it does its ambiguous and open to personal interpretation and then open to different use.

Ive used rider switch when ive had a child tall enough to ride but wouldnt. Rider switch isnt just about childrens ages and heights.

Disney say thats ok.
Old 15 Oct 18, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
But, when there are additional riders, the rider with the switch can bring someone back in with them so they don't ride alone, even on the Fastpass, which is an advantage over the pure use of FP+
Ah, that's a good point. I forgot about the fact that the Rider Switch pass is good for 3 people. As you say, it's possible for 2 people to ride a second time without a second fastpass together with the person who missed out the first time.

Of course, that works for larger families with 3 or more people who can ride. But for a family of 3 - two adults and one child who can't ride - there really is no point in getting a Rider Switch pass for the ride if both adults already has fastpasses for it.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Ah, that's a good point. I forgot about the fact that the Rider Switch pass is good for 3 people. As you say, it's possible for 2 people to ride a second time without a second fastpass together with the person who missed out the first time.

Of course, that works for larger families with 3 or more people who can ride. But for a family of 3 - two adults and one child who can't ride - there really is no point in getting a Rider Switch pass for the ride if both adults already has fastpasses for it.
I know I wasn't going to post again, but...

If my child was under 3 and didn't have a ticket I would agree with you, because she wouldn't have a fastpass entitlement, but my child is 3 and is entitled to use her 3 fastpasses as much as we are.

Believe me, I would much rather we could all ride together than be split up.