Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Sep 21, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
koi
Serious Dibber

My balance is due Tuesday. If the flight is not cancelled im going for the voucher. We were originally going in March 2020 & as a family are now not wanting to book on a maybe holiday. Wont book again until the borders open. Thinking because covid is here forever, it could be many months.
Old 20 Sep 21, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sixpence18 View Post
We are BA too but for November. Balance due 3rd nov.

If the flights are cancelled do you automatically get a refund of deposit paid? We’ve only paid £150 for our flights and hotels
If you have a package (flight and hotel) as I understand it you are risk that if the flight is still going you won’t get anything because your holiday won’t technically be cancelled despite the fact you cannot get into the USA. We had to bail out of our Boston trip which should be on the 9th of October however the BA flights are still running and as such BA haven’t cancelled our booking so we had to take a voucher for our deposit we have paid. The balance was due Saturday just gone.
For all those who say to just ring BA to discuss, I will reiterate that getting through to BA is like pulling teeth unless you can dedicate many days off work to be constantly trying to get through.
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
If you have a package (flight and hotel) as I understand it you are risk that if the flight is still going you won’t get anything because your holiday won’t technically be cancelled despite the fact you cannot get into the USA. We had to bail out of our Boston trip which should be on the 9th of October however the BA flights are still running and as such BA haven’t cancelled our booking so we had to take a voucher for our deposit we have paid. The balance was due Saturday just gone.
For all those who say to just ring BA to discuss, I will reiterate that getting through to BA is like pulling teeth unless you can dedicate many days off work to be constantly trying to get through.
Just to confirm to the others reading this, if you get hold of BA when your balance is due and the borders are still closed, they will give you a full refund.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
TRC
Gone all Goofy

I had to call BA Holidays yesterday to extend my car hire
( ouch ….damn car hire prices)
I called just after 4:30, got through first time, I was on hold for 58 minutes, sorted everything out and was hanging up at 1 hour ten minutes.

Also to anyone else trying, I have no idea if this makes a difference or not, but I realised awhile ago that I had more success on my landline than on my mobile.

A couple of months ago I used both at the same time and got through on my landline and not on the mobile.

Anyway just wanted to point out they were taking calls yesterday 🤷🏻
TRC is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
Just to confirm to the others reading this, if you get hold of BA when your balance is due and the borders are still closed, they will give you a full refund.
For clarity, this may well be the case and I have no reason to doubt it, but the fact remains, getting hold of BA is a mission and something that requires major commitment. Yes, BA are probably up against it with staffing blah, blah, but oh my what an utter pain in the ≈≈≈≈≈!
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

For clarity, this may well be the case and I have no reason to doubt it, but the fact remains, getting hold of BA is a mission and something that requires major commitment. Yes, BA are probably up against it with staffing blah, blah, but oh my what an utter pain in the ≈≈≈≈≈!
Yes, It is the case. Get hold of them and you’ll get a refund.

Your original post didn’t make it clear at all and suggests there were risks involved and discussions to be had, which there isn’t.
The fact is there are 2 options in that situation - Get hold of them and you’ll get a cash refund.
- Don’t get hold of them and fill in the form for a voucher.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
Yes, It is the case. Get hold of them and you’ll get a refund.

Your original post didn’t make it clear at all and suggests there were risks involved and discussions to be had, which there isn’t.
The fact is there are 2 options in that situation - Get hold of them and you’ll get a cash refund.
- Don’t get hold of them and fill in the form for a voucher.
I feel there are risks here which are very important. If you have a package booked and the flights are still running, BA (based on our experience) are not cancelling the holiday. Therefore you either have to run the gauntlet and assume they will cancel, but you will have paid your full balance by this point or you opt to contact them which as has been explained is no easy task, or you grasp the nettle and take a voucher.

The point is if you sit and wait for BA to cancel you could end up loosing out remembering I am talking about package holidays and in our particular case the destination was Boston. Flight only and MCO are potentially different but I believe the risk is a genuine one if you choose to rely on BA cancelling your holiday especially if there is a chance your flight could still go.

I am no expert and I am expressing opinion based on our experiences, if a BA person or holiday expert wants to clarify or correct my observations I am happy to be advised but I feel that our experience may help someone who is in the same boat that we were.

We don't have time to be committing hours and hours, day in day out being on hold waiting for BA. This is the biggest part of the frustration in all of this.
Old 20 Sep 21, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

I am confused why BA seem to have stopped cancelling flights?

Are they actually operating the flights from Orlando and Tampa? My flight (with car hire) to Tampa is October 24th so balance is due October 3rd.
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Mr Andy View Post
I am confused why BA seem to have stopped cancelling flights?

Are they actually operating the flights from Orlando and Tampa? My flight (with car hire) to Tampa is October 24th so balance is due October 3rd.
Nobody knows, flights cancelled till the 11th only.
Old 20 Sep 21, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
guinness_79
Very Serious Dibber

I feel there are risks here which are very important. If you have a package booked and the flights are still running, BA (based on our experience) are not cancelling the holiday. Therefore you either have to run the gauntlet and assume they will cancel, but you will have paid your full balance by this point or you opt to contact them which as has been explained is no easy task, or you grasp the nettle and take a voucher.

The point is if you sit and wait for BA to cancel you could end up loosing out remembering I am talking about package holidays and in our particular case the destination was Boston. Flight only and MCO are potentially different but I believe the risk is a genuine one if you choose to rely on BA cancelling your holiday especially if there is a chance your flight could still go.

I am no expert and I am expressing opinion based on our experiences, if a BA person or holiday expert wants to clarify or correct my observations I am happy to be advised but I feel that our experience may help someone who is in the same boat that we were.

We don't have time to be committing hours and hours, day in day out being on hold waiting for BA. This is the biggest part of the frustration in all of this.

My understanding was even if i pay my balance, if the borders are closed BA will refund regardless if the flight is going or not?
guinness_79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List