Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 26 Sep 21, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Have a pyjama day, eat more rubbish and watch christmassy films. 😊
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

You have had the year from hell, if I was in your shoes I would take the day to do what I wanted with my husband and children. I’m sorry but if mum came around to my home with that attitude of disrespect I wouldn’t be inviting her. It’s the sort of thing my late mum would have done and once I wouldn’t have dared speak out but now I’m older I definitely would have. We go for a walk to the local water park and feed the ducks and if anywhere is open call in for a hot chocolate. I don’t support shopping but do resort to using a cafe do what you want to not what other people expect you to do.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
rudie111
Apprentice Imagineer

We have a boxing day bumper breakfast. Just a full english then what ever you want for the rest of the day!
rudie111 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

We always have cold Turkey and ham with bubble and squeak for lunch, play games in the afternoon and then watch films and eat crackers and cheese in the evening with a turkey sandwich if we can fit it in (we usually can!)
Christmas Day is so busy (in a good way) that we enjoy a slower pace on Boxing Day and this works nicely for us.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

We do it backwards and have our proper Xmas day Boxing Day

Xmas day we have a buffet no cooking for me and more time to spend with the kid who get half their presents then Boxing Day I cook Xmas dinner and they get the rest of their presents.
It started due to shared custody and Xmas day pick ups/visits so the day was always really rushed but worked so well it stayed.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post

We usually have a busy Christmas Day, I’ve made Christmas dinner for as long as I can remember, apart from Christmas Day 2017 and me and DH were in Florida and had Pizza and Prosecco in Via Napoli!

Our little grandaughter was born in 2018 and Christmas is all about her now. We have our son,daughter in law, daughter in law’s mother ( who is divorced, and we invite her to everything anyway) and of course our grandaughter. Dinner is usually about two and everyone leaves by 7.

Boxing Day we spend on our own, go for a walk, eat turkey/ whatever is left and eat chocolates etc. And we have to watch Elf, National Lampoon Christmas Vacation, and it’s a Wonderful Life at some point.
Couldn’t think of anything worse than shopping on Boxing Day. I’ve had enough of shopping by then.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
For us Boxing Day starts with a massive full English
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Pyjamas day! Do nothing - eat leftovers or a takeout, have chocolate for breakfast, play boardgames or watch films or read a book.

Or let the kids write down ideas for activities - put all suggestions in a hat and then pull one out.
Old 27 Sep 21, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I love the idea if a chill out day however I am concerned my two teenagers will retreat into their rooms as usual. They love us all doing something but if we are staying in then they will vanish if that makes sense. Board games equals disaster, the boys just can’t manage however we do love a game of headbands 😂
My middle son doesn’t like to just go with the flow, he needs a plan. So I might do a timetable 😉
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 21, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I love the idea if a chill out day however I am concerned my two teenagers will retreat into their rooms as usual. They love us all doing something but if we are staying in then they will vanish if that makes sense. Board games equals disaster, the boys just can’t manage however we do love a game of headbands 😂
My middle son doesn’t like to just go with the flow, he needs a plan. So I might do a timetable 😉
Let them vanish to thier rooms for a bit if they want to? I assume Christmas day they dont?
After a hectic day, Id go for brunch instead of breakfast all together. Let them retreat to thier rooms for a couple of hours, then have maybe a buffet or even festive afternoon tea and a headbanz championship. Then the rest of the evening just relax in front of tv if there are no other games you all enjoy. If they will stay and watch, great, if they want to go back to thier rooms, let them.
A couple of quality hours all together either end of the day will be more enjoyable for all of you and more relaxing. And easier to keep going in years to come if theres room to be flexible and come to Mums for boxing day brunch and/or afternoon buffet/tea. You need to be able to rest a bit and enjoy the season too and not spend all the time running yourself ragged making everyone else happy. Take your foot off the accelorator and enjoy the view. 🎅🎄🎁 Have a very Merry Christmas whatever you decide 🥰