Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Oct 21, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
It’s fine when it works😀

Sky Q is on its way out. A new product will be announced shortly (October?) which will work without the need for a satellite dish
Crappy SkyQ has been replaced at last!

No need for boxes or dishes

news.sky/story/sky-glass...boxes-12427480
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Sorry, just seen this thread so sorry if this is too late. Have a look at the storage left in the settings on your Q box. Find the deleted programs section and permanently delete them as well. Worked for me when I was having the same issue. The other advice I found was to disable the power saving settings.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I think it is a great idea, as long as you have a brilliant internet connection, what happens if I’m in the living room watching a match in 4K hdr, my daughter is in her room watching a film in 4K Dolby vision and my wife is on her I pad watching YouTube what speed will you need for constant viewing with no break up or buffering and will sky servers cope when they have a big match on and millions want to watch it in 4K hdr
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
I think it is a great idea, as long as you have a brilliant internet connection, what happens if I’m in the living room watching a match in 4K hdr, my daughter is in her room watching a film in 4K Dolby vision and my wife is on her I pad watching YouTube what speed will you need for constant viewing with no break up or buffering and will sky servers cope when they have a big match on and millions want to watch it in 4K hdr
You’ll need fibre but the recommended minimum speeds aren’t anything extraordinary. With the sort of usage you are talking about presumably you have fibre already anyway though. (I’m not sure what has been released to the public detail wise yet compared to internally so not posting anything in any great detail until I’ve compared the two)

“Server space” as you call it isn’t a problem , never is with Sky as they resource way above capacity , if they didn’t products like Sky Go would suffer and they never do even with the massive events. That’s all about the amount of money you are prepared to spend on resourcing and that isn’t one of Sky’s weaknesses.

Edited at 11:47 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Crappy SkyQ has been replaced at last!

No need for boxes or dishes

news.sky/story/sky-glass...boxes-12427480
Do grown ups still use words like “crappy”?
(I know the comment was made purely to wind me up with your vendetta against Sky and those who work for them but it just made me laugh)

Edited at 11:52 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stitch & Smudge View Post
Sorry, just seen this thread so sorry if this is too late. Have a look at the storage left in the settings on your Q box. Find the deleted programs section and permanently delete them as well. Worked for me when I was having the same issue. The other advice I found was to disable the power saving settings.
Thank you. I don’t want to jinx myself but had no problems with it since software update.

As an aside, I love Sky Q. I might invest in a new fancy Sky tv when my reliable old 2008 Samsung finally gives up but for now, all is good.
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Can I just add make sure you got the most up to date version of the sky Q as I found this helps
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Here is a interesting response from sky, they do not seem to guarantee picture quality. If I’m spending vasts sums a year then I want my pictures to be perfect
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List