Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Oct 21, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
ElsasGloves
Very Serious Dibber

Will I boycott disney? Nope
Will I stay on-site next year? Yep
Will I pay for dining plan if it’s available? Yep
Will I pay for genie+? Yep
Will I pay for lightening lane? Only for rise of the resistance because we haven’t seen Star Wars land yet.

I won’t bother travelling all that way to not experience everything we have previously enjoyed at Disney world. I’d rather not go. So it’s a simple choice of either sucking it up and forking out the new post-Covid costs, or going on holiday somewhere else and ditching Florida.
I choose to suck it up and pay the cash because I won’t have been on holiday in 3 years. But after 2022 when I’ve blown all those savings, no, I probably won’t be able to afford to go again. And that’s fine, you have to cut your cloth. I still think there is a slight tendency to forget on the dibb that to holiday repeatedly in Florida is a massive privilege that most people never experience, whether you argue the toss over on-site versus offsite, economy or premium, hire car or Uber.
So just enjoy what you can afford, and when the time comes that you don’t see the value in what it brings any more, move on and find new experiences that bring you joy ❤️
ElsasGloves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I would actually say the exact opposite. Domestic guest coming for 3-5 days? They don't have time to leave the bubble, they don't even have enough days to get around all the parks - plenty have to pick and choose which they do. They're also less likely to head offsite to chains they can get at home, they're there for the Disney experience. Not IHOP.

International guest coming for 2-3 weeks? Most of them are going to have multiple days off-site.

It takes some digging, there's no one nice source for it. They're in the MCO press releases from memory, I'll see if I can find some examples later.
A fair amount of brits don't drive and rely on Disney transport or shuttles. Moreso for those that stay onsite. Again I think the views may be a little more bias because a lot of dibbers do eat offsite, but I take your point about the americans, but I guess with Disney food being so pricey, it pushes people to eat offsite. Over covid the american restaurants were struggling in Orlando as there was no tourists, and while I appreciate there is some international travel now, the majority of people using those restaurants will be americans.

And thanks, if you find it then it will be interesting for sure.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

I haven’t been a regular Disney visitor for a few years now, loved it when kids were small and grateful that we could visit.
I will happily visit again but I can take it or leave it😀
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

We have been discussing things today. We won’t boycott Disney. But we have decides as a family to attend 2 or 3 meals at one of their restaurants over 2 weeks. Bring in snacks and water bottles to cover the morning at least.
We are going to reduce the cost of genie plus if used from our spending kitty.
Overall we will spend no more than usual thru a bit of planning.
Restaurants outside Disney will deffo get most of our dollars. In fact we are a little exited about planning our trip rather than letting Disney dictate what we do.
The car parking is something we need to accept if going offsite to eat. Although Uber and lyft are a great option.
We don’t like Disney’s new approach to maximising their profits but we can easily work around it.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Mkp1974 View Post
Worst fears confirmed…

Disgraceful, poor Walt would be turning in his grave. We will be reducing our next 2 weeks holiday to 1 week on site MAX as no incentive. And doubt ever to return, if is wasn’t for COVID and having missed out on 2020, then missed our rescheduled 2021 trip we wouldn’t even be going. Absolutely scandalous, money grabbing ########..

wdwmagic/other/disney...r-purchase.htm

Starting October 19, Lightning Lane entrances will be available through 2 options.

Disney Genie+ Lightning Lane Selections - You can select arrival windows for Lightning Lane entrances that are available at more than 40 attractions and entertainment across all 4 theme parks, one at a time throughout the day for $15 per ticket per day.

Individual Lightning Lane Selections - Lightning Lane entry will be available for purchase individually. Guests may purchase and select an arrival window one at a time for up to 2 attractions a day. This option will be available for all Guests—with or without Disney Genie+ service.

View our Disney Genie, Genie+, and Lightning Lane FAQ for Walt Disney World.

Magic Kingdom

Individual Lightning Lane Selections

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Space Mountain
Disney Genie+ Lightning Lane Selections

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Haunted Mansion
“it’s a small world”
Jungle Cruise
Mad Tea Party
Mickey’s PhilharMagic
Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
Peter Pan’s Flight
Pirates of the Caribbean
Splash Mountain
The Barnstormer
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Tomorrowland Speedway
Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
EPCOT

Frozen Ever After
Remy's Ratatouille Adventure

Disney and Pixar Short Film Festival
Journey into Imagination with Figment
Living with the Land
Mission: SPACE – Green
Mission: SPACE – Orange
Soarin’
Spaceship Earth
Test Track
The Seas with Nemo & Friends
Turtle Talk with Crush
Disney's Hollywood Studios

Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Alien Swirling Saucers
Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage
Disney Jr. Dance Party
For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular - Returning December 19, 2021
Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
Muppet*Vision 3D
Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
Slinky Dog Dash
Star Tours
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Toy Story Mania!
Disney's Animal Kingdom

Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain

Celebration of the Festival of the Lion King
DINOSAUR
Feathered Friends in Flight!
It’s Tough to Be a Bug!
Kali River Rapids
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Na-vi River Journey
The Animation Experience
Yeah, there’s already another thread providing this info.

At this rate, given the number of people who apparently think Disney are being too greedy and say they are going to boycott everything to do with Disney, the rest of us are not going to need Genie+ and the Lightning Lane selections. The parks are going to be half empty.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

This is HWS today- seems many are still willing to pay!
Old 11 Oct 21, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
We have been discussing things today. We won’t boycott Disney. But we have decides as a family to attend 2 or 3 meals at one of their restaurants over 2 weeks. Bring in snacks and water bottles to cover the morning at least.
We are going to reduce the cost of genie plus if used from our spending kitty.
Overall we will spend no more than usual thru a bit of planning.
Restaurants outside Disney will deffo get most of our dollars. In fact we are a little exited about planning our trip rather than letting Disney dictate what we do.
The car parking is something we need to accept if going offsite to eat. Although Uber and lyft are a great option.
We don’t like Disney’s new approach to maximising their profits but we can easily work around it.
This was us before Genie+!

I’m just waiting for Bob to outlaw our sandwiches, drinks and snacks we take in.
Old 11 Oct 21, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
This was us before Genie+!

I’m just waiting for Bob to outlaw our sandwiches, drinks and snacks we take in.
I was shocked when universal doesn’t allow you to bring any drinks in (not even water) for Halloween horror nights, it’s probably next to come..
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Whoppery5k
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I really don't understand why people are making such a fuss,
Fast pass was always due to go. Paris and other parks have had paid passes for quite sometime.
I'm not due to go back till aug next year and I'm already trying to work out if I can afford another trip before the kids are too old.
Florida will cost me and the family around £10,000.
Genie + for 6 of us... £50 a day, 4 parks £200
It's a fraction of the cost and it makes sure for the insane price that's it's costing, it adds more to our holiday.
Would it be better free?
Don't know yet, fast passes were never a sure fire thing for a lot of the rides. Plus pass holders maybe less likely to buy since they are there all the time... unlike fast pass when ever one got it. So if less people have access it in theory opens up more slots to rides.

It could be a good thing. Especially for us brits
Whoppery5k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Whoppery5k View Post
It could be a good thing. Especially for us brits
It’s certainly better for those that stay off-site as on-site guests can no longer grab the best fast passes 60 days out.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List