Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Oct 21, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by hibeesince82 View Post
I just got off the phone to them.

They basically said that it's too close and for operational costs they have cancelled the ones to orlando. Seems like they don't have enough people for the flight.
Similar to what TUI have been saying.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink1234
Getting to know the DIBB

So I’ve just spoken with BA I’m flying 16th new- lhr-Mco. Flight had gone but hotel and return was still there. Finally managed to get through to them.
The issue was Mco time had changed and Newcastle flight wouldn’t get me there in time ( god knows what would have happened if I hadn’t rang).
All now sorted earlier Newcastle flight, Mco moved to 1205 and as yet he confirmed that flight is not cancelled
Tink1234 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Kram
Trying for More Ears

Just had my 9th November flight cancelled. I can’t change the booking online and I want to rearrange flights for next year but the dates I want don’t become available until next Tuesday. Does anyone know if I can wait until then to change the booking or is there a risk BA will automatically refund the booking with it being so close to the date I was due to fly?
Kram is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Suspect BA have been tipped off as to resumption date. I think they are supposed to be flying from 19/11 from Gatwick. Stuff is being shared with the airlines officially I read.
Old 13 Oct 21, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Suspect BA have been tipped off as to resumption date. I think they are supposed to be flying from 19/11 from Gatwick. Stuff is being shared with the airlines officially I read.
Yup, I noticed some LGW flights popping into the schedule for end of Nov and booked one because I hate LHR. Fingers crossed they stay on schedule.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
muppster
Excited about Disney

Seems all BA direct flights to Orlando, Tampa and Las Vegas have been cancelled until 15th November.
Thats 5 weeks out from now, and I believe thats longer than the usual cancellation window...that says to me that the date of 15th is likely to be the "lifting" date announced some time soon.
muppster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by muppster View Post
Seems all BA direct flights to Orlando, Tampa and Las Vegas have been cancelled until 15th November.
Thats 5 weeks out from now, and I believe thats longer than the usual cancellation window...that says to me that the date of 15th is likely to be the "lifting" date announced some time soon.
Yeah, this would make sense.

Hope we find out soon. Soon...
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Yeah, this would make sense.

Hope we find out soon. Soon...
We may hear in this announcement today, suspect you are right.
Old 13 Oct 21, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hibeesince82 View Post
I just got off the phone to them.

They basically said that it's too close and for operational costs they have cancelled the ones to orlando. Seems like they don't have enough people for the flight.

They did say non direct flights were still available though. So I could have booked london to miami then onto orlando

Thanks for your update - sorry but, I agree with Softy's post above - if it was the call centre you were talking to then I would take no credence from what they say. They would just be expressing an opinion. To say "seems like they don't have enough people for the flight" is undoubtedly accurate but there are so many factors going on in the background it will be a small proportion of the decision.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Fastpassfamily
Earning More Ears

Ba cancelled all flights to Japan for the rest of this year yesterday, so there definitely doing some rescheduling. They cancelled my friend’s Japan flight which is in 11 weeks. I think staff and costs are a big issue for BA. I think the half full planes argument is very logical. Especially as Orlando is a holiday destination and it’s out of season
Fastpassfamily is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread