Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Nov 20, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

What daft things have your family said ?

Our DD is always coming out with stuff said in all seriousness that just make you think has she just landed on this planet !

While on the plane to Lanzarote last month she said a couple of crackers

- do they keep the plane stairs on the outside of the plane while flying so they are there when you get off ? 😂

And
- when a plane goes through a cloud , does it squash the cloud so much that it rains ? 😂

On a similar vein , my DW said once on a flight when we were above the clouds .
- I hope it’s as sunny on holiday as it is now 😂

Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Mobile

We were waiting for a lift in a hotel once which was going up, then down, then up and hadn’t reached our floor for a while. My mum in all seriousness suggested they should have 1 set of lifts going up and another set going down 🤦

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Our DD is always coming out with stuff said in all seriousness that just make you think has she just landed on this planet !

While on the plane to Lanzarote last month she said a couple of crackers

- do they keep the plane stairs on the outside of the plane while flying so they are there when you get off ? 😂

And
- when a plane goes through a cloud , does it squash the cloud so much that it rains ? 😂

On a similar vein , my DW said once on a flight when we were above the clouds .
- I hope it’s as sunny on holiday as it is now 😂

My mom does it all the time, one of her best was during the 2018 World Cup, she asked (in all seriousness) have England ever won the World Cup! then claimed she didn’t follow football, it’s probably one of the most famous recentish events ever 🤔🤔🤔
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I once asked a colleague if her twins were identical.

Yes... 1 girl 1 boy 🤦
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

My mum comes out with so many funny things. Most recently we were talking about my brother’s puppy and she said, “they’ve got puppy pads on the dog”. She actually thought that puppy pads were like nappies that dogs wore!

My partner thought that a chest of drawers was called “chester drawers” 😂
Fluffypenguin is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

Mobile

DW didnt say it but believed me with this one and told her sister.

We had just picked up her new car and the steering wheel had a little bump at top dead centre, I said it was there so blind people would know when the wheels were straight and they were driving in a straight line.

If I added it all up I probably could have bought a 4 Bed Detached House
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

You want to have someone who has dyslexia in the family me and DS3 we come out with some right howlers cause we’ve got a different take on things from the rest of the mere mortals in our humble option in life and I mean howlers because we’ve read something so so very different
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

My four year old at bedtime tonight, How can God be Jesus’s dad if Joseph is?
I said good question we can talk about it tomorrow as it’s late and we can ask gran. He says I was going to say to ask Gran. She has been alive for soooo long she must know Mary, Joseph and Jesus.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
I’m confused , what are these ?

They’re pads that you put on the floor, usually in or around the puppies cage. You teach them to have an accident on the pad I think, rather than your carpet.
Fluffypenguin is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
llamala
Imagineer

Whilst doing a crossword with kids in early 90s. The clue was Creator of the Universe?
My 8 year old son shouted He man.
llamala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List