Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 21 May 21, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pinkbelle View Post
Yes, if we do carry on we will have 2 bags each, well I have 3!

DH, rolling suit bag and pull along hold-all.
Me pull along suit bag and a little wheely airplane hand luggage bag, for Valuables and medications. Then a little bag that goes over the handle with all the paperwork and passports etc.

Boarding I am happy for the porters to take the 2 suit carriers and hold-all, but getting off we like to be able to walk off and avoid the luggage hall. Never possible for an over packer like me on a longer cruise, but I really want to make it work on these shorter ones.

We’re closer than you and did an impromptu visit yesterday! But often book a hotel the night before it adds a day to your holiday, gives you a nice relaxed first day
Sounds like a plan! Will take onboard 😂 (excuse the pun) All of your advice and use it😀 So am thinking/hopefully that we can just take 2/3 rolling carry on bags and then a personal bag as you say goes over handles with passports/valuables/meds etc
Do you take binoculars? Saw that on someone’s You Tube. Jane McDonald said you need a lanyard lol so obviously want one...
Old 21 May 21, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve never done a trip report before. For the Iona sailing, which is 7 days at sea, I’ve joined a Group.
For all the Iona Seacations you could volunteer to document a day, pictures of food drink, staterooms etc. Which will be fun. I will have to be creative as a lot of cruisers will have posted before it’s my turn.

I’m an annoying packer, I like things done my way, I watched Emma cruises packing vlog, that is not me! :lol: I can’t just throw a few things in a case, I’m organised down to the last inch of space. My DH has now learnt not to moan, as it makes his life easier 🤣 I’m a fully unpack can’t live out of my suitcase type person.
I rotate clothing, so for 4 nights will take almost as much as I take for 7 nights, but as no ports will leave the coat and umbrellas at home.

As Ladyshopper said if you can get a BLC savings are great, she saved me a lot of money, enough to add our 7 night cruise for free!

4 nights will be great, personally I’d not considered 3 nights, but Princess have reduced a 3 night cruise at beginning of September if those dates work for you. £389pp for a balcony including gratuities (already included on P&O) WiFi and drinks package.
When are you going on the Iona. DW and I are 11th September.
James

Edited at 10:59 AM.
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 21, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andrea1 View Post
When are you going on the Iona. DW and I are 11th September.
James
The week after the 18th September 😀, so don’t drink the Gin distillery dry
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 21, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

The week after the 18th September 😀, so don’t drink the Gin distillery dry
We'll do our best, 😉 but can't guarantee it. 🤣🤣
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 21, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FloridaAnn & Co View Post
Sounds like a plan! Will take onboard 😂 (excuse the pun) All of your advice and use it😀 So am thinking/hopefully that we can just take 2/3 rolling carry on bags and then a personal bag as you say goes over handles with passports/valuables/meds etc
Do you take binoculars? Saw that on someone’s You Tube. Jane McDonald said you need a lanyard lol so obviously want one...
My DH has a pair of travel binoculars, which he sometimes remembers to take, I will add them to my list this time as we have so much time at sea, to make sure he does have them.

Funnily enough Lanyards really split the cruising community. I love them, others really don’t! I love them as they are all I need during the day. I have no need for a bag, as sunglasses go on my head when not over my eyes, and don’t need any for vision. I apply all day sun screen first thing, don’t touch up makeup, or carry books or meds round.
So seapass round my neck and I’m good to go.

In the evening I use a little wristlet for sea pass and a bit of lipstick, looks a little more refined

All of that said I may change this year, I have some very small crossbody bags as going to need masks and sanitiser/wipes etc. Might also then carry my own phone so I can take my own photos, rather than use DHs pockets as my travelling storage facility

Simpsons, and Ratatouille in DLP, are rides that really effect me. Would never get me on Spaceship Earth, DH needs a sit down after that!
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 21, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer

My DH has a pair of travel binoculars, which he sometimes remembers to take, I will add them to my list this time as we have so much time at sea, to make sure he does have them.

Funnily enough Lanyards really split the cruising community. I love them, others really don’t! I love them as they are all I need during the day. I have no need for a bag, as sunglasses go on my head when not over my eyes, and don’t need any for vision. I apply all day sun screen first thing, don’t touch up makeup, or carry books or meds round.
So seapass round my neck and I’m good to go.

In the evening I use a little wristlet for sea pass and a bit of lipstick, looks a little more refined

All of that said I may change this year, I have some very small crossbody bags as going to need masks and sanitiser/wipes etc. Might also then carry my own phone so I can take my own photos, rather than use DHs pockets as my travelling storage facility

Simpsons, and Ratatouille in DLP, are rides that really effect me. Would never get me on Spaceship Earth, DH needs a sit down after that!
Some more helpful tips ! Thanks😀
My list seems to be getting longer by the day! I feel a trip to the designer outlets at Ashford coming on..! I was planning daily outfits in my head earlier , so had better put some sort of plan into action lol
I do have a little wristlet I picked up in Florida a couple of years ago so will dig that out..also use a once a day sun screen Ultrasun which I order from QVC when they have a tsv.

Have been watching Cruising Pete who has a few short vlogs, have you seen him?

As am getting slightly older am finding rides are getting a tad more difficult ...!Hence a slower pace IF we do get to Florida Christmas time!
Old 22 May 21, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FloridaAnn & Co View Post
Some more helpful tips ! Thanks😀
My list seems to be getting longer by the day! I feel a trip to the designer outlets at Ashford coming on..! I was planning daily outfits in my head earlier , so had better put some sort of plan into action lol
I do have a little wristlet I picked up in Florida a couple of years ago so will dig that out..also use a once a day sun screen Ultrasun which I order from QVC when they have a tsv.

Have been watching Cruising Pete who has a few short vlogs, have you seen him?

As am getting slightly older am finding rides are getting a tad more difficult ...!Hence a slower pace IF we do get to Florida Christmas time!
I feel like you could be me posting under a different name

I discovered Ultrasun on QVC too! Mostly buy from M& S now when they have 20% off as I know which ones I like.
Wristlets and crossbody bags thanks to Coach and Fossil outlets! I also have a coach lanyard.

I’ve watched Cruising Pete over the last couple of days.
Old 23 May 21, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer

I feel like you could be me posting under a different name

I discovered Ultrasun on QVC too! Mostly buy from M& S now when they have 20% off as I know which ones I like.
Wristlets and crossbody bags thanks to Coach and Fossil outlets! I also have a coach lanyard.

I’ve watched Cruising Pete over the last couple of days.
I love it! 😀 kindred spirits! 🥂

Oh I don’t have a Fossil lanyard! Note to self😂 Seem to have acquired a reasonable assortment of Coach bags et !

Called into a travel agent yesterday at Bluewater, just to see what they had to say and confirm my research... not quite trusting myself as such a novice at this ! Although she didn’t really tell me anything I didn’t already know... obviously plus invaluable info you’ve given me, so between you & I we done good...!😀

We did finally decide on Britannia and getting some suitable dates today and I think we will be ready to book 🛳😎
Old 23 May 21, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Kindred spirits definitely

Just one thing I would say, managing expectations, as I know you have been watching Cruising Pete. P&O is not MSC!

My first love is Princess but I do really really like P&O. Neither of these lines have those big Promenade, shopping streets.

Think more of a lovely modern hotel at sea
Old 23 May 21, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Lanyards sold on board, usually with ship name, makes a nice holiday souvenir, the shop will even punch a hole in your card so you can clip it on.